Are you interested in?
Cradle of Humankind Tours
3 Tours & Activities
164 Tours & Activities
286 Tours & Activities
7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Get the most possible learning out of your visits to the Cradle of Humankind and Sterkfontein Cave. By traveling with a guide, you'll get the full picture of the remarkable fossil findings there and why the site is so important. Walk through Sterkfontein Caves to see the fossils of hominids such as Little Foot and Mrs. Ples, two of the greatest archaeological discoveries of our time.
- Learn about the fossil discoveries in the area through guided commentary
- Walking tour lets you get up close to excavated sites
- Learn much more on a guided tour than you would exploring on your own
- Access to the exhibits at the Maropeng Visitors Centre
Saved to wishlist!
All Fees and Taxes
A bottle of water
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks
Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
we pick up from any hotel in johannesburg but not in Pretoria,we can only come and pick up in Pretoria if is private.
Hotels, Guest house, BNB and Residential
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- casual dress code
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Solly
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "On time pickup, safety trip, education, not recommend age under 7 go into cave because few tunnels very tiny a bit hard to pass through." See review
Product code: 9076P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursBus ToursSporting EventsExtremeDay Trips & ExcursionsKid FriendlySightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingJohannesburg4WD Tours - GautengBus Tours - GautengSporting Events - GautengExtreme - Gauteng4WD Tours - PretoriaBus Tours - PretoriaSporting Events - PretoriaExtreme - Pretoria4WD Tours - GaboroneBus Tours - GaboroneSporting Events - GaboroneExtreme - GaboroneCategory
Johannesburg ZooMontecasino Bird GardensRhino and Lion Nature ReserveNewtownJames Hall Museum of TransportWorkers' MuseumWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenSAB World of BeerPilanesberg National ParkJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamCarlton CentreMandela HouseOrigins CentreMuseum AfricaSatyagraha HouseOld Fort Prison ComplexNelson Mandela BridgeHillbrow TowerLiliesleafHartbeespoort Dam