Are you interested in?
Hot Air Balloon Rides
5 Tours & Activities
282 Tours & Activities
Nature and Wildlife
231 Tours & Activities
1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Soar over the Cradle of Humankind or the Magaliesberg mountain range on a sunrise hot air balloon flight. Have some refreshments as you watch the balloon being inflated, then set off on a scenic adventure in the sky. Fly over one of the two sites with your experienced pilot, taking in the sweeping views of South Africa below. After the flight, enjoy a full breakfast as you savor newly-minted memories.
- Sunrise hot air ballon ride
- On-site refreshments as being inflates
- Fly over Cradle of Humankind or the Magaliesberg
- Full breakfast and champagne toast included
Saved to wishlist!
Meet at 5 star Lodge
Tea & Coffee Served
Arrival at launch site for the balloon inflation
Flight of approximately 1 hour
Enjoy breathtaking views of the Cradle of Humankind
Keeping with Tradition, the flight is celebrated with sparkling wine and orange juice
Full buffet breakfast at the 5 Star Lodge
Certificates presented by the pilot
The entire experience will take approximately 3 hours
Accommodation - (This can be booked on request - Balloon & Accommodation packages are available)
We require a minimum of 4 passengers to confirm a flight on-board one of our larger passenger balloons. There are two alternatives available, we can provisionally book you onto the date then try to confirm another 2 passengers to fly with you or we can move your flight to the next suitable date.
Children under the age of 7 years are not permitted to fly.
We consider it unsafe to fly when pregnant
Departure & Return
Departure PointKloofzicht Lodge & Spa, Kromdraai Rd, Krugersdorp, South Africa
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests with any medical conditions, that they feel AirVentures should be made aware of, accept the responsibility to advise us accordingly.
- All passengers must be able to stand for the duration of the flight, and must be able to enter and exit the basket.
- To conform with the industry accepted practice, we consider it unsafe to fly when pregnant.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under the age of 7 years are not permitted to fly.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Operates all year round, please dress appropriately. Flat shoes are recommended.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY AirVentures Hot Air Ballooning CC
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Classic Flight?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Classic Flight?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Classic Flight?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Classic Flight?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
What is the maximum group size during Classic Flight?
This activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Classic Flight.
See all safety measures taken by Classic Flight.
Product code: 72458P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursUnique ExperiencesSporting EventsHot Air Balloon RidesNature and WildlifeExtremeAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesJohannesburg4WD Tours - GautengUnique Experiences - GautengSporting Events - GautengHot Air Balloon Rides - GautengNature and Wildlife - GautengExtreme - Gauteng4WD Tours - PretoriaUnique Experiences - PretoriaSporting Events - PretoriaHot Air Balloon Rides - PretoriaNature and Wildlife - PretoriaExtreme - Pretoria4WD Tours - GaboroneUnique Experiences - GaboroneSporting Events - GaboroneHot Air Balloon Rides - GaboroneNature and Wildlife - GaboroneExtreme - GaboroneCategory
Hartbeespoort Dam Montecasino Bird GardensCarlton CentreOld Fort Prison ComplexOrigins CentreNelson Mandela BridgeWorkers' MuseumNewtownWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenHillbrow TowerJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamRhino and Lion Nature ReserveJohannesburg ZooMandela HousePilanesberg National ParkAha Lesedi Cultural VillageLiliesleafMuseum AfricaSAB World of BeerSatyagraha House