Are you interested in?
Hop on Hop Off
4 Tours & Activities
Johannesburg Zoo Tours
4 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
540 Tours & Activities
1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
The finest way to explore Johannesburg safely, reliably and in comfort from the top deck of an open-top bus. Learn about the history of gold mining, hear stories of apartheid history and understand the triumph of modern Johannesburg while listening to the on-board audio commentary, available in 15 languages. This tour stops at all top sites in and around the Johannesburg allowing you to explore the economic powerhouse of Africa, easily and safely.
- Choose a 1- or 2-day ticket to suit your schedule and budget
- Make your own itinerary and explore Cape Town your way
- Headsets provided to hear the guide clearly in your language
- Flexibility to spend as much or little time at each stop as your wish
Saved to wishlist!
Audio commentary in 15 languages plus a kids channel (in English)
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointYou may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- 1 or 2 Day valid tickets
- Dress code is smart casual, recommended to bring a hat
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY City Sightseeing South Africa
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Johannesburg?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The stops were reasonable distance, ever 30 minutes giving time to decide on getting off or continuing." See review
Product code: 58181P10
Explore Similar Things to Do
Hop on Hop OffTours & SightseeingJohannesburgHop on Hop Off - GautengHop on Hop Off - PretoriaHop on Hop Off - GaboroneCategory
Nelson Mandela BridgeMuseum AfricaJames Hall Museum of TransportJohannesburg ZooNewtownSAB World of BeerOrigins CentreLiliesleafMandela HouseHartbeespoort Dam Old Fort Prison ComplexMontecasino Bird GardensCarlton CentreJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamHillbrow TowerAha Lesedi Cultural VillageRhino and Lion Nature ReserveWorkers' MuseumPilanesberg National ParkSatyagraha House