- 6-hour tour from Jaco to Carara National Park
- Take a hike through the park to look for native bird life
- Spot the scarlet macaw with help from a naturalist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and lunch included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
When you arrive, follow a naturalist guide on one of two possible trails to explore the bird life; each trail is about 2 miles (3.2 km). Look for different species with the help of your guide, who provides descriptions about the environment. Halfway through the hike, take a 20-minute rest stop to enjoy the scenery, and look for scarlet macaws, one of the park's most significant inhabitants.
Next, cross the Tarcoles Bridge to look down and spot crocodiles in the river. Then return to base camp for your provided home-style lunch. Your tour then ends with transport back to your pickup point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Jacamar Naturalist Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms