Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 3-hour float down the Snake River from Jackson or Teton Village
- Enjoy views of the Grand Tetons from the water
- Take in the scenery while a guide does the paddling
- Watch for native animals such as eagles, beavers, or maybe an elk
- Upgrade to include a box lunch
Departure & Return
Departure PointJackson Hole, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
What To Expect
Then set off down the Snake River with your guide, who does all the paddling so you can simply relax and take in the views of the dramatic Teton mountain range. Float 13 miles (21 km) down the river, watching for wildlife and listening to your guide's narration about the history and geology of the region. The waters here are calm, so cameras and binoculars are welcome on the raft to help you spot osprey, beavers, bald eagles, cliff swallows, and trout; if you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of a mule deer, elk, or even a bear.
The time of your tour departure depends on the season, but mornings are the ideal time, as this is when the light fog lifts and sunlight casts a glow on the mountains. This is also the best time to spot wildlife.
Your tour ends with return to your departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 – 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
- Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
- Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
- We have wet suits, wet suit jackets, and fleece jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets and fleece jackets are each $5.00 to rent.
- Bring a change of dry clothes and a towel.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- Gratuities are not included, it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mad River Boat Trips
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Snake River Scenic Float with Teton Views.
- "This is great if you do not want white water." See review