7 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
During your vacation on Isla Holbox, don't miss swimming with whale sharks. This gentle creature measures up to 45 feet long (14 meters) and is considered the largest fish in the world. During your boat trip, search for manta rays, dolphins, and sea turtles. Then pop into the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico to swim side-by-side with whale sharks in their natural habitat. Snorkel gear and wetsuit are included along with a light breakfast, lunch, and fish ceviche.
- Whale shark snorkeling excursion from Isla Holbox
- Ride a boat in the Gulf of Mexico
- Swim alongside the world’s largest fish
- Dig into breakfast, lunch, and fish ceviche
Saved to wishlist!
Boat with GPS
Cool drinking water container (please bring your flask)
Light breakfast in Luuma: coffee, tea, fruits, yogurt and sweet buns
Our famous ceviche
Guacamole and mango for those who do not eat fish
In case you do not eat the included food, you can take fruits from the breakfast table to the tour
Departure & Return
Av. Damero, Centro, 77310 Holbox, Q.R., Mexico
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children under 6 are not allowed
- Note: Whale shark season is from mid-May to mid-September, but whale sharks might come later to the area
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Holbox Whale Shark Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whale Shark Group Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Whale Shark Group Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Whale Shark Group Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whale Shark Group Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Whale Shark Group Adventure from Isla Holbox
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeSnorkelingWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingIsla HolboxNature and Wildlife - Riviera Maya & the YucatanSnorkeling - Riviera Maya & the YucatanWhale Watching - Riviera Maya & the YucatanCategory