- 3-hour street food tasting tour of Hue by cyclo
- Explore Vietnam’s imperial capital aboard a traditional cyclo
- Admire the UNESCO-listed monuments of Hue’s Royal Citadel
- Sample Vietnamese dishes like ‘banh beo’, ‘banh khoai’ and ‘bun bo Hue’
- Get the inside scoop on Hue’s street food scene from a local guide
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hotel lobby at Park View Hotel in Hue, 09 Ngô Quyền, Vĩnh Ninh, Thành phố Huế, Thừa Thiên Huế
Centrally located hotels in Hue
What To Expect
Jump off along the way to sample delicious Banh Beo (steamed rice discs topped with shrimp) and ram it (sticky rice dumplings), and listen as your guide explains some of the traditional ingredients and dishes of Vietnamese cuisine. After that, we'll head on foot to another stop to try a tasty Hue pancake.
Back on the cyclo, admire views along the Perfume River as you cross the Phu Xuan or Trang Tien Bridge, then glide past the UNESCO-listed monuments of Hue’s Royal Citadel. Your guide will tell tales of Hue’s imperial history and fascinating heritage.
At the entrance of Dong Ba gate, dig into a steaming bowl of bun bo Hue, a beef vermicelli soup that is a street food staple for locals. Then, cool down with a cold beer from a vendor nearby. Cap it off with another delicacy – egg rice crackers with beef or pâté on charcoal – served at a small snack shop nearby.
With your appetite sated, head into the pavilion of the Royal Citadel for a post-dinner cup of herbal tea or Vietnamese coffee, while enjoying views over the Imperial City. Finally, jump back on your cyclo for the return trip and end your tour back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Local restaurants can sometimes close without notice. Should this happen, a substitute option will be offered with the same food quality and experience.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge; however, they must share the cyclo and food with their parents. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Royal City Street Eats by Cyclo tour in Historic Hue .