- Entrance ticket to Cockrell Butterfly Center at Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Stroll through the 3-story rain forest exhibit to observe butterflies and plants up close
- Learn all about insects in the Brown Hall of Entomology
- Let the kids play with educational games in the Land of Beeyond
Departure & Return
|Monday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
Walk through a three-story glass structure that simulates a tropical rain forest, complete with a 50-foot waterfall. The glass-enclosed rain forest is home to exotic flowering plants and thousands of live butterflies that flutter around the exhibit.
Continue to the Brown Hall of Entomology to view live insects, mounted specimens, and larger-than-life insect models. In the displays, search for camouflaged creatures, watch leaf cutter ants at work, learn how insects can help solve crimes, see giant wasp nests, and check out some of Houston’s largest cockroaches.
Peek into an entomologist’s lab for a close look at insect specimens and listen to interviews with working entomologists. Learn about butterfly-friendly gardens, backyard beekeeping, and ways to control mosquitoes.
In the Chrysalis Corner, have the chance to see butterflies emerge from their chrysalis and dry their wings, then get released into the rain forest. Kids enjoy the The Land of Beeyond on the main level, where they can play in a giant beehive, make insect rubbings, read insect picture books, and put together puzzles.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Your tickets will be held at the box office in exchange for Viator voucher
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
- OPERATED BY Houston Museum of Natural Science
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff