9 to 10 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Located outside Hangzhou near West Lake, Longjing village produces one of China’s most venerated green teas, dragonwell tea. On this private 6-hour tour, become informed about this fine tea while traveling with your own expert guide. Relax during a cruise on UNESCO World Heritage-listed West Lake, then learn about different aspects of dragonwell tea when visiting Eighteen Imperial Tea Bushes, China National Tea Museum, Meijiawu Tea Village and Hupao Spring. Enjoy a lunch stop at a restaurant run by tea farmers and comfortable transportation by private vehicle.
- Private 6-hour tour to Longjing village, from Hangzhou
- Learn all about Longjing tea (dragonwell tea) grown on the outskirts of Hangzhou
- Admire the scenery of West Lake during a cruise at the UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hear the legend of the 18th-century emperor who anointed the Eighteen Imperial Tea Bushes
- See the tea production process at Meijiawu Tea Village and tea artifacts at the China National Tea Museum
- Stop at at Hupao Spring to sample fresh spring water and learn its role in making fine tea
- Includes private guide and vehicle, entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Boat Ride on West Lake
Round Way Shanghai-Hangzhou Train Tickets
The train ticket might be sold out on Chinese holidays, then we recommend you visit Hangzhou by car.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup & drop-off service is arranged at Shanghai downtown hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY China Private Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Full-Day Tea Culture Tour in Hangzhou from Shanghai by Bullet Train
9 to 10 hours
4 hours 15 minutes
3 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesHangzhouUnique Experiences - Eastern ChinaBus Tours - Eastern ChinaNature and Wildlife - Eastern ChinaFull-day Tours - Eastern ChinaUnique Experiences - SuzhouBus Tours - SuzhouNature and Wildlife - SuzhouFull-day Tours - SuzhouUnique Experiences - ShanghaiBus Tours - ShanghaiNature and Wildlife - ShanghaiFull-day Tours - ShanghaiCategory
China National Silk Museum (NSM) Tours & TicketsNational Tea Museum Tours & TicketsLeifeng Pagoda Tours & TicketsQiantang River Bridge Tours & TicketsQinghefang Ancient Street Tours & TicketsMuseum of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Hu Qing Yu Tang) Tours & TicketsHangzhou Botanical Garden Tours & Tickets