- Comprehensive Guangzhou sightseeing tour with a private local guide
- Visit Chen Clan Temple to see the Guangdong Folk Art Museum
- Venture to the royal tomb at the Mausoleum of the Nanyue King and find evidence of the ancient city
- View enormous Buddhist statues and the Flower Pagoda at Six Banyan Temple
- Admire western architectural influences on Shamian Island
- Enjoy a traditional Cantonese lunch at a local restaurant
- Round-trip hotel transport by comfortable private vehicle included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Departs from your Guangzhou hotels
Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
Built in the 1890s for ancestral worship, the Chen Clan Temple features fine wood, brick and ivory carvings and elaborate interior beams and columns. The building now houses the Guangdong Folk Art Museum, which displays examples of superb Cantonese craftsmanship, such as traditional Chinese ink and embroidery designs, rare prints and ceramics.
Next up, travel in your private vehicle to the Mausoleum of the Nanyue King. Situated on Xianggang Hill, the Nanyue Royal Tomb sits 65 feet (20 meters) underground. Its seven chambers are filled with more than 1,000 burial artifacts. Discover the secrets of the large tomb complex as your guide shares details about artifacts like King Zhao Mo’s burial garment, made from more than 2,000 pieces of jade connected by silk thread.
Stop for lunch at a local restaurant, then visit Six Banyan Temple, which dates to 537. The main hall enshrines three copper Buddha statues. Each stands 20 feet (6 meters) high, the largest of their kind in Guangdong Province. Then stroll around the 184-foot (56-meter) tall Flower Pagoda to admire colorful exterior carvings and the decorative copper top piece, cast in the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368).
For your final stop, head to Shamian Island, an islet flanked by the Pearl River and White Goose Pool. In the mid-19th century, the island became an enclave for prosperous expat traders who built Western-style mansions and churches there. Today it houses fashionable cafes and boutiques, and many of the colonial mansions are beautifully restored.
At the end of your 8-hour tour, your guide drops you off at your Guangzhou hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers; infants can join free of charge
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Hantang International Travel Service
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms