Explore our promoted experiences
- Private Le Havre shore excursion to Giverny, Rouen and Honfleur
- Walk in the footsteps of Impressionist master Claude Monet as you visit places that inspired his paintings
- Explore Monet's beautiful gardens and house in Giverny
- Visit Gothic-era Rouen Cathedral and see where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake
- Admire Honfleur’s old port and St Catherine’s Church
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Start at Monet's family home and garden in Giverny, approximately 1.5 hours away from Le Havre. The artist and his family lived in this house until he died in 1926, and you'll no doubt recognize some of his most famous painting scenes from the garden – including the Japanese bridge and water lily pond.
Walk through Monet's expansive gardens, imagining the great master at his easel, and then venture inside his former home (now a museum) to see the Japanese prints he collected.
Continue to Rouen, an important city in Medieval Europe. The Gothic Rouen Cathedral has the tallest spire in the country, and features in several Monet paintings as he sought to capture the changing light and shadow at different times of day. Inside the cathedral, don't miss the 13th-century stained glass windows.
Elsewhere in Rouen, see the town's symbolic Great Clock (Gros Horloge) and the square in which Joan of Arc was burned at the stake in 1431. Learn about her heroic voyage across France when the country was in the midst of the Hundred Years' War with England as you walk with your guide through the cobbled streets of the historic town.
Honfleur is your final stop, where you'll see the Medieval fortifications of the Caen Gate (Porte de Caen) and St Catherine's Church, reported to be the biggest wooden church in the whole country. Honfleur was an important port city of ship builders, who built St Catherine's Church after the Hundred Years' War. Walk up to the Côte de Grâce, pilgrimage site dating from the 10th century, for impressive views over Honfleur and the Normandy Bridge.
Monet was one of many Impressionist artists to depict historic Honfleur; others included Johan Jongkind and Eugene Boudin.
At the conclusion of your visit to Honfleur, return to Le Havre – just 30 minutes away by car – where your guide will drop you off back at the port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Le Havre port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Options available: Giverny & Rouen, Giverny & Honfleur or Rouen & Honfleur. Please choose at the time of booking.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands