Are you interested in?
Culinary & Gourmet Tour
1 Tours & Activities
Food & Drink
20 Tours & Activities
3 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
The rich, fertile grounds of the Slieve Aughty mountains are wonderful grazing grounds for Galway’s grass-fed cows, so it is no surprise that their milk makes exceptional cheese. See this for yourself on Teresa’s family farm, where you will learn about the cheesemaking process, how the cheese is matured, and just how they get it to taste so good.
- Tour the farm at Kylemore House; you might even get to meet their cows
- Your host Teresa is a trained cheesemaker, who will share some trade secrets
- Enjoy a sample of house-made Appenzeller (a nutty, Alpine-style cheese)
- At the end of your tour relax with a glass of wine around the farmhouse fire
Saved to wishlist!
Glass of wine
Private cheese tour and tasting with our host Teresa
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointLoughrea, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please include any specific dietary requirements when making your booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Galway Cheese Tour and Tasting by an Artisan Cheesemaker?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Galway Cheese Tour and Tasting by an Artisan Cheesemaker?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Galway Cheese Tour and Tasting by an Artisan Cheesemaker?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Galway Cheese Tour and Tasting by an Artisan Cheesemaker?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 7626P385
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingGalwayFood Tours - Western IrelandWalking Tours - Western IrelandFood Tours - ShannonWalking Tours - ShannonFood Tours - WestportWalking Tours - WestportCategory