- Full-day trip to the Cinque Terre from Florence with transport
- Discover the UNESCO-listed Cinque Terre with your tour leader
- Travel between destinations by coach, train, and boat
- Soak up the scenic views and distinct character of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Monterosso, and Vernazza
- Enjoy a traditional lunch in quaint Monterosso, if option selected
- Stop off for a swim in the turquoise waters at one of the area’s beaches
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
TOURS & NEWS KIOSK AT PIAZZALE MONTELUNGO BUS TERMINAL Located at 5-10 minutes walking distance from Santa Maria Novella Train Station. Look for our staff wearing a FUCHSIA CIAOFLORENCE JACKET and holding a CIAOFLORENCE CLIPBOARD!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your day trip begins in central Florence, where meet your guide and hop aboard your coach to head out toward the seashore. Stop first in the southernmost village of Riomaggiore, which dates back to the 13th century. Beloved for its local wine and incomparable scenery, admire the pastel-colored buildings as you follow your guide along the cobblestone streets.
Head to the tiny village of Manarola next, home to medieval relics and a plethora of grapevines. Stroll the harbor and take snapshots of the beautiful, bright buildings that cling to the cliff.
Then, weather permitting, hop aboard your boat to travel to Monterosso. If you choose to include lunch with your ticket, settle down in one of the village’s restaurants for a traditional helping of seafood and pasta, complemented by wine and water. (A sample menu can be found in the Itinerary section.)
Afterward, with taste buds and stomach sated, enjoy some time to explore independently. Unpack your bathing suit and hit the jeweled waters of Monterosso’s stunning beaches.
Make a final stop in Vernazza, bordered by terraced olive groves that are said to produce some of the finest olive oil in Italy. Explore the bustling square and winding streets at your leisure, before returning back to Florence.
Note: Cinque Terre low-cost option does not include train and boat tickets.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Kindly note that the bus will drop you off in La Spezia or Manarola. Then you will move from one village to the other by train and boat. You will meet again your bus by the end of the day to make your way back to Florence.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Kindly note that the Cinque Terre A/R Escorted Transfer option does not include train and boat tickets. At the beginning of the day, you will be dropped off at La Spezia, and you will have free time for the whole day in the Cinque Terre National Park. You will meet again your bus at La Spezia Centrale in the afternoon. This option only includes a roundtrip transportation by GT coach to the Cinque Terre and back as well as live commentary during the bus trip.
- Please note that the boat ride will be available from April 1st until October 31st
- In the case of bad weather or rough sea, the boat between Monterosso and Riomaggiore will not operate. In this case, the boat will be replaced by a train route
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts
- HIGH SEASON (From April 1st until October 31st): this tour is always available in English and Spanish. Other languages are confirmed as follows: GERMAN: Friday - min 2 pax FRENCH: Wednesday, Sunday - min 2 pax PORTUGUESE: Monday - min 2 pax ITALIAN: Saturday - min 2 pax
- Covid-19 Mesures: A safe distance of one meter between clients will be maintained whenever possible. All our vehicles will be deep-cleaned and disinfected before and after each service. The use of masks is mandatory; clients must bring their own mask. Alcohol gel will be available on all our vehicles. Temperature will be checked for staff and visitors. Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use. Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough; it is not necessary to print it out.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 63 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ciaoflorence Tours & Travels Srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "There will be a lot of walking, so wear comfortable shoes." See review
- "This time of the year is the less visited by tourist so is a great idea take this into account if you don't want big crowds." See review
- "People should bring their swimwear because there is enough time given to swim in the water." See review