Explore our promoted experiences
- Watch a Wild West shootout featuring the Cataract Creek Gang in an outdoor theater
- Train offers kaleidoscopic views of the San Francisco Peaks
- Add a motorcoach rim tour with the most scenic overlooks of the Canyon
- Upgrade to include a hearty buffet lunch at the Maswick Lodge at the Grand Canyon
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Opening hours are: 8:30am; November 1 - 24 9:30am; November 25 - 29 8:30am; November 30 - December 22 9:30am; December 23 - 27 8:30am; December 28 - January 31 9:30am; February 1 - October 31
What To Expect
Then it’s all aboard. The Grand Canyon Railway has been transporting passengers on a journey to one of the seven natural wonders of the world since 1901. This iconic train is more than just a mode of transportation, however. It’s a trip back in time to what many consider the most incredible place on Earth. Experience white-gloved service with roaming musicians and sing-a-longs.
Arrive at the historic Grand Canyon Depot, one of only three remaining log depots known to have been constructed in the United States. The landmark El Tovar Hotel, Hopi House gift shop and Bright Angel Lodge hotel complex greet guests as they arrive. Feel free to explore and join a narrated motor coach tour of Grand Canyon National Park that travels to the most scenic overlooks of the canyon, providing guests with the ultimate scenic experience.
Upgrade and include a hot buffet lunch at Maswik Lodge, nestled in a Ponderosa pine forest. On your return journey, you'll be part of an Old West train robbery!
The tour ends with a return trip to Williams, Arizona.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- The train can accommodate a motorized scooter if it is no wider than 25 inches. There is a special lift to lift the scooter onto the train.
- Please note: Arizona doesn't observe Day Light Savings and switches between MST (Mountain Standard Time) and PST (Pacific Standard Time) depending on the season.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you are at a high risk of contracting the disease. Please ensure 1 person per group wait in line for ticket exchange. Face masks will be highly recommended. Social distancing will be practiced on train platform and on the train. Seating on board the train will be limited to maximize social distancing, and guests will be asked to promptly take their seat keeping aisles clear and to remain seated except to use restrooms.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Grand Canyon Railway
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "A good way to spend a day with the finale at the Grand Canyon!" See review