- Guided tours of Edinburgh's underground network of vaults
- Go underground and explore one of Edinburgh's most fascinating locations
- Learn all about the history of the vaults from your guide
- Hear stories of the unfortunate inhabitants of the vaults
Departure & Return
Tours starts from the Tourist Information Police Box outside of the Bank of Scotland. It is on the opposite side of the road to Deacon Brodies Tavern. Please be there at least 5 minutes early as we depart promptly at the tour time. Tours can not wait for latecomers so please do not be late.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Vaults are accessed via a 2ft stair with further average size stairs inside the vaults.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not suitable for children under 12 years of age
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- OPERATED BY Auld Reekie Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands