1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Some shore excursions can feel rigid and impersonal. Tailor your visit to your own interests on this hop-on, hop-off bus tour. Travel around the city and leave the bus to explore at any of the 14 designated stops, including Edinburgh Castle and Hollyrood Palace. You can get on and off the bus as often as you like in a 24-hour period.
- Flexibility to create your own itinerary: Tailor the tour to your interests
- Spend as long as you wish at each of the stops: Skip the rushed group tours
- Hop-on and hop-off as many times as you like during a 24-hour period
- Get insights into each of the attractions via the on-board audio guide
Saved to wishlist!
24 hour unlimited hop on hop off bus pass
On-board multilingual audio commentary in 10 languages + free headphones
Discounts at local attractions
Vouchers valid for 12 months
3 kids go free with every paying adult until 31st August 21
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important cruise passenger info: Cruise guests arriving into Leith can collect a shuttle bus from the terminal to Waterloo Place, this is approximately a 6 minute walk from tour stop 1. Cruise guests arriving into South Queensferry (Hounds Point) can collect a shuttle bus from the terminal to Charlotte Square, this is approximately a 5 minute walk from tour stop 2. Cruise guests arriving into Newhaven will be able to pick up a local bus into central Edinburgh and will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Bus Tour operates all year round
- April - May: 9:00am - 6:00pm, every 12 minutes
- June - August: 9:00am - 7:00pm, every 12 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- September - October: 9:00am - 6:00pm, every 12 minutes
- November - March: 9:00am - 4:00pm, every 20 minutes
- Tour Duration: 60 minutes
- Tour start point: St Andrews Square - Northside. However, passengers can join the bus tour at any of the stops along the route
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months
- 3 kids go free with every paying adult until 31st August 21
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY City Sightseeing Ltd - UK and Ireland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Edinburgh Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Edinburgh Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsHop on Hop OffBus ToursAudio GuidesPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportEdinburghShore Excursions - StirlingHop on Hop Off - StirlingBus Tours - StirlingAudio Guides - StirlingPorts of Call Tours - StirlingShore Excursions - GlasgowHop on Hop Off - GlasgowBus Tours - GlasgowAudio Guides - GlasgowPorts of Call Tours - GlasgowShore Excursions - Newcastle-upon-TyneHop on Hop Off - Newcastle-upon-TyneBus Tours - Newcastle-upon-TyneAudio Guides - Newcastle-upon-TynePorts of Call Tours - Newcastle-upon-TyneCategory
Scottish National GalleryHopetoun HouseMuseum of Edinburgh (Huntly House)Greyfriars KirkReal Mary King's CloseScottish National Portrait GalleryGrassmarketLauriston CastleEdinburgh DungeonScotch Whisky ExperienceNelson MonumentNational Museum of ScotlandLoch LomondSt. Columba's BayGilmerton CoveEdinburgh ZooRosslyn ChapelOcean TerminalRoyal Yacht Britannia (HMY Britannia)John Knox House