2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn about Edinburgh past and present on a private walking tour with an insider guide, who shares information about the city’s royal history and colorful characters, some of whom have inspired books and well-known stories. Get tips on where to eat and drink around the city, and see sights on and off the Royal Mile and near Greyfriars Kirk. You’ll enjoy one-on-one attention from a private guide on this tour that caters to couples, families and small groups looking for a more personal experience.
- Private walking tour of Edinburgh
- Explore the city with an in-the-know guide to get a local's perspective
- Listen to fascinating tales about Edinburgh's history, legends and royal connections
- See sights around the Royal Mile and Greyfriars Kirk
- Receive recommendations for restaurants and bars to visit later
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
St Giles' Cathedral, Edinburgh EH1 1RE, UK
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tours leave from the main entrance of St Giles' Cathedral on the Royal Mile. You will recognize your guide from the name badge around their neck
- Please arrive at least five minutes early
- Please dress for the Edinburgh weather, which can be very irregular
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Iconic Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Edinburgh Private Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Edinburgh Private Walking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Edinburgh Private Walking Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingEdinburghCity Tours - StirlingWalking Tours - StirlingHistorical Tours - StirlingCity Tours - GlasgowWalking Tours - GlasgowHistorical Tours - GlasgowCity Tours - Newcastle-upon-TyneWalking Tours - Newcastle-upon-TyneHistorical Tours - Newcastle-upon-TyneCategory
John Knox HouseGladstone’s LandGeorgian HouseReal Mary King's CloseThe CanongateCamera Obscura and World of IllusionsLauriston CastleNewhailes HouseAlnwick CastleHopetoun HouseScotch Whisky ExperienceMuseum of Edinburgh (Huntly House)Ocean TerminalForth BridgeGreyfriars KirkCastle RockForth Road BridgeNelson MonumentRoyal ObservatoryEdinburgh Dungeon