- Listen to the legend of the mythical creature that resides in Loch Ness
- Accommodation in a B&B, hotel or hostel is reserved but not included in the price
- Visit historical landmarks like Doune Castle and Culloden Battlefield
- Admire the natural beauty of Glen Coe and Dunkeld's riverside
Departure & Return
This tour departs from (and returns to) Bus Stand ZE, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3BQ. Please arrive no later than 08.15
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Continue to the haunting valley of Glen Coe, setting of the infamous massacre of the Clan MacDonald in 1692. After a lunch break (own expense) head for the Glenfinnan Viaduct (April through October only), which starred in the 'Harry Potter' movies and overlooks the site where the 1745 Jacobite Rebellion began.
Make a photo stop at Ben Nevis, Britain's tallest mountain, before winding through the Great Glen to the infamous Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle. Afterward, head for your overnight accommodation in Inverness.
Day 2: Rejoin your guide in the morning and travel to Culloden where the Jacobites were finally defeated by British government soldiers in 1746, in the last battle fought on British soil.
Next, visit the Clava Cairns, one of Scotland's most evocative prehistoric sites, before traveling south through Cairngorms National Park.
After lunch (own expense) in one of the park's charming villages inside the national park, visit the town of Pitlochry. You have free time here to explore and the option to visit the Blair Athol Distillery (own expense) where you can take a guided tour and sample the whisky.
Your final stop is Dunkeld for a gentle riverside walk. Your tour concludes back at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Accommodation: Please let us know in the Special Requirements box when you check out which type of accommodation you would prefer. Choose from: Hostel - £20 to £30 per person, per night. B&B single or single occupancy of a double room - £50 to £90 per person, per night. B&B en-suite double or twin - £100 to £150 per room, per night (2 sharing). B&B en-suite triple or quad - £150 to £200 per room, per night (3 or 4 sharing). Hotel - £150 to £200+ per room, per night (2 sharing)
- Small group tour - 13 passengers or less
- Minimum age is 5 years old
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Operates in all weather conditions (unless it is unsafe to do so), please dress appropriately
- Please inform us 7 days in advance if you are bringing a service animal
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Heart of Scotland Tours Ltd
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day Inverness and the Highlands Small Group Tour from Edinburgh.