Explore our promoted experiences
- Take a walking ethnic food tour in Chicago’s North Side
- Enjoy a variety of tastings at local eateries
- Stop at some of the city’s most popular locations
- Learn about the local history, culture and architecture
- Small group ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Guide will be seated outside wearing Chicago Foodways badge.
Tour ends approximately 3/4 miles northwest of starting point (total walking is 1 1/4 miles).
What To Expect
During the 1.5-mile walk through two National Historic Landmark neighborhoods — Argyle and Andersonville — sample foods like Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches and iced coffee; Swedish meatballs and pancakes with lingonberry sauce; Swedish glögg (must be 21 or over); Scandanavian coffeecakes and cookies; and Mexican tres leches cake. Also, enjoy a Middle Eastern spice tasting with freshly made hummus and a pita, plus a private olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chicago Foodways Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands