Explore our promoted experiences
- Full day private sightseeing tour in Chiang Rai
- Learn about northern Thai culture and native plant life at Mae Fah Luang Art and Cultural Park
- Check out colorful displays of goods at the vibrant central market
- Have lunch at a restaurant featuring Northern Thai specialties
- Take a ride on a samlor (three-wheeled bicycle taxi)
- See artifacts once used by Thai royalty at the Oup Kham Museum
- Be astounded by the fantastical decor at the modern and artistic Wat Rong Khun, or White Temple
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Stop at Mae Fah Luang Art and Cultural Park, which features extensive botanical gardens and highlights such as the Haw Kham (Golden Pavillion), a handsome teak structure that houses ceremonial artifacts and the Phra Pra Toh wooden Buddha. Stroll through the gardens and learn about the Lanna (northern Thai) kingdom and the history of Chiang Rai.
Depart tranquil Mae Fah Luang for a grittier experience of daily life at the bustling central market. Your guide accompanies you through aisles lined with a colorful and fragrant array of fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat, prepared foods and more. Then take a break for lunch of authentic dishes at a typical northern Thai restaurant. Your guide can suggest classic meals such as flavorful northern Thai sausages accompanied by sticky rice, or khao sawy, a rich noodle soup topped by savory condiments.
Next, hop into a samlor to go to a private museum called Oub Kham, named after the museum's most valuable masterpiece: the oub kham (golden bowl) used in important royal rituals. The museum also displays rare clothing, silver, textiles and other artifacts from northern Thai nobility, including pieces from Burma, Vietnam, and China.
Your final destination, Wat Rong Khun or the White Temple, is an unusual Thai temple designed by artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, who mixes traditional Buddhist temple architecture with pop culture references. The temple almost closed after a 2014 earthquake, but after many people urged the artist to continue, he had the building repaired and resumed his decades-long artwork.
Your tour ends in the late afternoon with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout this tour; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Green Trails Thailand
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms