4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Venture into the notorious Golden Triangle and discover the rich minority cultures that occupy these rolling hills on this door-to-door half-day tour. Visit a mountaintop Hmong settlement, the historic trading town of Chiang Saen, Wat Phra That Phu Khao temple, and Ban Sop Ruak village, and ride a longtail boat to the spot where Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand meet. Enjoy insights only locals can provide courtesy of your Thai guide.
- Discover the color and drama of the Golden Triangle in just half a day
- Cruise the Mekong on a traditional longtail boat to the border
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers
- Choose between morning and afternoon departures to suit your schedule
Saved to wishlist!
A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
One way boat trip from Chiang Saen to the Golden Triangle
All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Chiang Rai hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Rai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Fang, Thaton, Chiang Saen, Chiang Khong, Mae Sai, any surrounding mountain resort outside the Chiang Rai city borders and Chiang Rai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users.
- The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads, small boats and cruise embarkation and disembarkation and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs.
- This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour includes driving over uneven paths, surfaces and off-road bumpy roads, unsuitable for pregnant women, people with neck and back problems and those with limited mobility.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Thailand’s Golden Triangle and Village Life?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Thailand’s Golden Triangle and Village Life?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Thailand’s Golden Triangle and Village Life?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Thailand’s Golden Triangle and Village Life
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursWater ToursDay CruisesHistorical ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChiang RaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandWater Tours - Northern ThailandDay Cruises - Northern ThailandHistorical Tours - Northern ThailandFull-day Tours - Northern ThailandHalf-day Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang MaiWater Tours - Chiang MaiDay Cruises - Chiang MaiHistorical Tours - Chiang MaiFull-day Tours - Chiang MaiHalf-day Tours - Chiang MaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangWater Tours - Luang PrabangDay Cruises - Luang PrabangHistorical Tours - Luang PrabangFull-day Tours - Luang PrabangHalf-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory