2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Saved to wishlist!
Hot Air Balloon flight of approximately 45 minutes
Rice Field/Farming Activity (optional)
Return transportation from/to hotels in Chiang Rai city area
Departure & Return
Mae Kon, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai 57000, Thailand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- All pilots are very experienced and fully licensed, having logged hundreds of hours flying passengers in hot air balloons.
- Balloons/baskets vary in size. Capacity is between 4-8 passengers. Maximum weight is 125 kilograms or 280 pounds. If above this, additional charge of 100percent payable at location. If total weight exceeds permissible weight for flight by law, no refund or alternate flight can be offered.
- Wear suitable clothing that will protect you from heat of the balloon burner and the sun as well as suitable shoes (no flip-flops). Also useful are sunglasses, a hat (that won't fly off!) and binoculars.
- Participants will not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages or other substances forbidden by Thai law prior or during the services. As a consequence, immediate action will be taken and no refund will be given.
- A balloon flight cannot be delayed because of the late arrival of passengers! Because of meteorological reasons, the balloon has to take off and land on time!
- A passenger MUST be above 137cms. in height. (Any person 137cms. or under, regardless of age, is not permitted due to the height of the basket. No child 4 years or younger permitted. Only one child is permitted per one adult passenger.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to fly
- The launch-pad at Ban Chomna Resort may need to be changed due to various factors, such as winds, etc., as instructed by the local air flight authorities
- At least 4 persons are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability
- Operator is the only licensed Thai ballooning company for commercial flights in Thailand, has received approval for commercial flights and Standard Certification by the Department of Civil Aviation Thailand and therefore guarantees all appropriate safety standards are met.
- Passengers must pay full attention to the safety briefing given by the pilot in command before the launch of the balloon, ad questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understandable or unclear.
- Passengers over 75 years of age must produce a medical certificate advising fit for flight.
- The pilot’s decision is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders at all times.
- Wheelchair can only be on a Request Basis. Operator does not guarantee the availability of wheelchairs.
- A written authorisation by parents or tutor must be submitted at times of reservation and boarding (if child is not traveling with the parents or tutor).
- Balloon Chiang Rai is the brand name of Flying Media Co.,Ltd., the only licensed Thai ballooning company for commercial flights in Thailand and the first hot air ballooning operator in Chiang Rai. Their passion is to share scenic panoramic views of Chiang Rai's terrain with 'Eco-Nature Touch Tourism'.
- Most travelers can participate
- **The 12-15 February 2022 Valentine's Package includes Hot Air Balloon flight for 45 minutes, Dinner value of 1,000 Baht with 1 bottle of Wine Rose on the reserve table, self drive Golf Cart 2 hrs (customers can drive in Singha Park), a flower bouquet (self select).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY I Asia Thailand
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Chiang Rai: Guided Hot Air Balloon Sightseeing Tour ?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Chiang Rai: Guided Hot Air Balloon Sightseeing Tour ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Chiang Rai: Guided Hot Air Balloon Sightseeing Tour ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Chiang Rai: Guided Hot Air Balloon Sightseeing Tour ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHot Air Balloon RidesNature and WildlifeAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingChiang RaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandHot Air Balloon Rides - Northern ThailandNature and Wildlife - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang MaiHot Air Balloon Rides - Chiang MaiNature and Wildlife - Chiang MaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangHot Air Balloon Rides - Luang PrabangNature and Wildlife - Luang PrabangCategory