- Full-day tour of Chiang Rai Province from Chiang Mai
- Visit Wat Rong Khun, aka the White Temple
- See remnants of the 7th-century Thai kingdom at Chiang Saen
- Take a boat on the Khong River and stop by the Golden Triangle
- Sit down for an international buffet lunch or Thai cuisine
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour limited to nine passengers for personalized attention
Departure & Return
Touring Center's Office Noted : if you are willing to meet us at the starting point, please do let us know 1 day prior to departure via Tel. +66 (0) 53 289 644 or email@example.com.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Continuing on, visit the privately owned Wat Rong Khun, known as the White Temple. Admire its unique decor made of glass, sculptural pieces and murals all designed by a famous Thai artist.
Afterward, head to Chiang Saen, a river town strewn with the ruins of ancient temples. Listen as your guide shares the history of the former Thai kingdom. Then savor lunch at a local restaurant specializing in Thai dishes or an international buffet—your choice.
Next, move on to a temple overlook to view the Golden Triangle then hop aboard a long-tail boat for a ride on the Khong River. Arrive at the point where Myanmar, Laos, and Thailand meet, and stop at a local Laos village (bring your passport). Visit the Hall of Opium, a private museum on the former opium trade, before a return transfer to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant rates (children under 2 years) apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of hotel pickups is approximately 30 minutes; the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport is required to enter Laos
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The trip duration can reach maximum of 14 hours depending on the traffic along the way and the road conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Touring Center
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms