13 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See several of northern Thailand’s highlights on this day trip from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, which takes you past ancient temples and natural hot springs deep into the so-called Golden Triangle where Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet. With an English-speaking guide to narrate the journey, learn about this remote and lush jungle-covered area from inside out.
- Travel inside air-conditioned vans, in comfort as you drive into the jungle
- Visit Was Long Khun and Was Par That Phu Kao templs and meet an Akha hill tribe
- Enjoy a lunch of locally crafted Thai cuisine (vegetarian and halal available)
- Optional extras include a longtail boat trip to Laos (bring your passport)
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking guide
Entry ticket to Wat Rong Khun (White temple)
Entry ticket Mae Khachan Hot Spring
Optional: longtailboat to Don Sao island in Laos (THB 300 per person, please bring your passport)
Optional: visit the Karen Longneck tribe (THB 300 per person)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Can't find your hotel on the list? Please send us your hotel name and room number (if you have one already). We can pickup from any location within Chiang Mai old city and a 3km radius around the old city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Koh Samui Tour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, White temple & Golden triangle?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "The roads are in most cases not even finished but the traffic is allowed on them." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, White temple & Golden triangle
3 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingChiang MaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandFull-day Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang RaiFull-day Tours - Chiang RaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangFull-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory
Elephant Parade HouseWat Phra Singh WaramahawihanDoi Suthep–Pui National ParkChiang Mai Night SafariChiang Mai National MuseumChiang Dao CavesBaanchang Elephant ParkLamphunMae Kachan Hot Spring (Mae Ka Chan)Araksa Tea PlantationWat Chiang ManSuan Bua Mae Sa Orchid FarmLampangThapae StadiumGrand Canyon Water ParkWat ThatonQueen Sirikit Botanic GardenSai Nam Phung Orchid FarmMae Sa WaterfallChiang Mai Zoo & Aquarium