- Scenic 90-Minute Charleston Harbor Sightseeing Cruise departing Charleston, South Carolina
- Travel by 80-foot sightseeing boat, the Carolina Belle
- Learn about the city’s history from a guide, including the Civil War
- Fully narrated and family-friendly tour
- Choose from multiple morning, afternoon, and sunset cruise times to best suit you
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Charleston Maritime Center Address: 10 Wharfside Street, Charleston, SC 29401
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Listen to stories from the boat captain throughout the tour, as you pass some of Charleston’s historic sites. Get close up views of Fort Sumter, the fortified island where the first shots were fired in the Civil War. Pass the Essex-class USS Yorktown, a ‘fighting lady’ aircraft carrier from the Second World War that earned eleven battle stars in her dramatic military career.
Take in Fort Moultrie and Fort Johnson, a pair of forts that housed Confederate and Union soldiers, and see St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, which survived Revolutionary and Civil War fighting by painting its steeple black. Pass elegant antebellum homes on the Battery, and navigate beneath the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, a modern span that links downtown Charleston to Mount Pleasant. Drinks are available for purchase onboard throughout the trip, which concludes with drop-off at the Charleston Maritime Center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- There is a flat pier out to the boat and the boarding ramp is about 30 feet long. Travelers will board on the top deck and there are stairs to the lower level. Restrooms are located on the top deck.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- OPERATED BY Charleston Harbor Tours
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized