Are you interested in?
498 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
2071 Tours & Activities
7 Tours & Activities
- Lowest Price GuaranteeIf you find the same product cheaper, we’ll refund the difference.
- Free CancellationUp to 24 hours in advance.
- Award-winning supportWe’re here 24/7 to help.
8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore one of the Yucatan's more newly discovered Maya sites—Ek Balam—on a cultural tour from Playa del Carmen. Embark on a full-day visit to these archaeological ruins as well as Cenote Maya Park, an adventure park with a superb natural setting, and get the most out of the Yucatan's vast offerings. Climb to the top of Ek Balam's Acropolis pyramid, discover hidden temples cloaked in dense jungle canopy and wander among ancient statues; then spend the rest of the day swimming in a natural sinkhole, cave rappelling and rainforest ziplining.
- Day trip to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya Park from Playa del Carmen
- Visit the archaeological wonder of Ek Balam, an ancient Maya city and ceremonial center on the Yucatán Peninsula
- Pass temples, see high-relief statues and climb the pyramid of Acropolis
- Frolic in cenotes and partake in optional outdoor activities like rappelling and ziplining at the park
- Meet a Maya shaman during a blessing ceremony and purchase souvenirs from a handcraft market
- Learn about Ek Balam’s history and Maya traditions from an informative guide
- Traditional buffet Maya lunch and round-trip hotel transport included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Don’t miss the chance to see the latest attraction of Ek Balam, not yet discovered by the hordes that normally crowd Chichen Itza and Tulum. And unlike the pyramids of Chichen Itza and Tulum, you are free to climb up the Acropolis of Ek Balam.
Saved to wishlist!
Use of all necessary equipment
Use of hammocks, towels and lockers
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If you cannot find your hotel on the list you will receive your pick-up from the nearest meeting point.
Please contact us in order to confirm it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 6 years
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a swimsuit and sunscreen
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cancun Vacation Experts
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ek Balam Ruins and Cenote Maya Park Day Trip from Playa del Carmen?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Ek Balam Ruins and Cenote Maya Park Day Trip from Playa del Carmen?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Ek Balam Ruins and Cenote Maya Park Day Trip from Playa del Carmen?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ek Balam Ruins and Cenote Maya Park Day Trip from Playa del Carmen?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all 16
See all 16
Product code: 3206PCMEKCE
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingTulumCancunPlaya del CarmenBus Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanArchaeology Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanHistorical Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanFull-day Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanBus Tours - Playa del CarmenArchaeology Tours - Playa del CarmenHistorical Tours - Playa del CarmenFull-day Tours - Playa del CarmenBus Tours - Isla HolboxArchaeology Tours - Isla HolboxHistorical Tours - Isla HolboxFull-day Tours - Isla HolboxCategory
Cancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)Xotik-Ha EcoParkCancun Wax Museum (Museo de Cera Cancún)Jolly Roger Pirate ShipKin Ha Water Park (Balneario Kin Ha) Cancun Airport VIP LoungeXoximilco CancunCenotes Sac ActunLa Isla Shopping VillagePlaya Norte (North Beach)Xenotes Oasis MayaMexican Folk Art Museum (Museo de Arte Popular Mexicano)Interactive Aquarium CancunXenses ParkEl Rey Archaeological Zone (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)Mandala NightclubDolphin Beach (Playa Delfines)Cancun Christ the King Church (Iglesia de Cristo Rey)Garrafon Natural Reef ParkPalapas Park (Parque Las Palapas)