12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore the archaeological site of Ek’Balam during a full-day tour from Riviera Maya or Cancun. Learn about the history and restoration projects of this ancient Mayan city. See the largest dome in the Yucatan Peninsula and participate in a blessing ceremony. Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle is included.
- Discover an ancient Mayan city other than Chichen Itza
- Learn about the architecture and history of Ek’Balam
- Get to know Mayan culture during a blessing ceremony
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Riviera Maya or Cancun are included
Saved to wishlist!
Safety gear at Park
Photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up at hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun Hotel zone
Meeting Point for all Hotels in downtown Cancun
Meeting point for all Hotels in downtown Playa del Carmen
Set Meeting point for all Hotels in Tulum
Please confirm your pick up time and location by contacting us on the number on the voucher or contacting TripAdvisor's Customer Service.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring comfortable shoes, fresh clothing, bathing suit, hat, extra shirt and cash or credit card for crafts and photos.
- This expedition is not suitable for physically challenged, or people who suffer heart conditions, respiratory or back problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women or children under 6 years old. People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, at Cenote Maya, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) are not allowed, except for "action cam" (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We recommend you to bring your own water bottle or container
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is operated by Alltournative
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alltournative
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursArchaeology ToursExtremeFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCancun4WD Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanSporting Events - Riviera Maya & the YucatanBus Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanArchaeology Tours - Riviera Maya & the YucatanExtreme - Riviera Maya & the YucatanFull-day Tours - Riviera Maya & the Yucatan4WD Tours - Playa del CarmenSporting Events - Playa del CarmenBus Tours - Playa del CarmenArchaeology Tours - Playa del CarmenExtreme - Playa del CarmenFull-day Tours - Playa del Carmen4WD Tours - CozumelSporting Events - CozumelBus Tours - CozumelArchaeology Tours - CozumelExtreme - CozumelFull-day Tours - CozumelCategory
Mayan Museum of Cancun (Museo Maya de Cancún)Jolly Roger Pirate ShipGarrafon Natural Reef ParkMandala NightclubCancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)El Rey Archaeological Zone (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)Dolphin Beach (Playa Delfines)Mexican Folk Art Museum (Museo de Arte Popular Mexicano)Xoximilco CancunInteractive Aquarium CancunLa Isla Shopping VillagePlaya Norte (North Beach)Palapas Park (Parque Las Palapas)Xenses ParkKin Ha Water Park (Balneario Kin Ha) Cancun Airport VIP LoungeXotik-Ha EcoParkVentura ParkCancun Christ the King Church (Iglesia de Cristo Rey)Xenotes Oasis Maya