10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Visit the Normandy landing beaches of World War II on this customizable, private day trip from Caen. Settle inside an air-conditioned minivan with your private guide — a local whose family lived through the Nazi occupation. Spend the day exploring D-Day sites such as Arromanches, Omaha Beach and Pointe du Hoc. Delve into the landings at the Airborne Museum, pay homage at the American Cemetery, and enjoy a ‘calvados’ (apple brandy) tasting. This is a private tour, so inform your guide if there’s anything you want to see more of.
- Private day trip to the Normandy landing beaches of World War II from Caen
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and customize your day to suit you
- Hear tales of the landings from a guide whose family lived in WWII Normandy
- Visit D-Day sites such as Omaha Beach, Sword Beach and Pointe du Hoc
- See Arromanches beach, the site of the artificial Mulberry Harbour
- Visit the American Cemetery and Airborne Museum and taste some Normandy apple brandy
- Enjoy in-depth attention and personalized commentary from a private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
DVD (available to purchase)
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
CAEN or anywhere within 30 KM radius of CAEN
- Carpiquet Airport, Caen France
- Capitainerie Caen Ouistreham, Terre-Plein de l'Écluse, 14150 Ouistreham, France
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Price is per car with a maximum of six people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour Guide and Driver will wear a mask and/or a safety shield and virus safety shield is installed in the Van
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Normandytour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Caen?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Caen?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Caen?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Caen?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Caen
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursAudio GuidesPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportCaenShore Excursions - NormandyBus Tours - NormandyAudio Guides - NormandyPorts of Call Tours - NormandyHistorical Tours - NormandyFull-day Tours - NormandyCategory
Caen Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts de Caen)CherbourgNormandy Museum (Musée de Normandie)Abbaye aux HommesTrouville (Trouville-sur-Mer)Arromanches-les-BainsRanville War CemeterySt. Catherine’s Church (Eglise Sainte-Catherine)Jurques Zoo (Zoo de Jurques)DeauvilleCaen Memorial Museum (Mémorial de Caen)