3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The food and drink choices in Brooklyn can be overwhelming, but foodies that explore this bustling borough with a guide can eat and drink the best of the best. With this tour, indulge in some of Brooklyn's best cuisine. You can try New American, Middle Eastern, and Italian food including pastries, cheese, and bread. Listen to commentary on the culinary history of the neighborhood and New York City as you go, and even take home a map so you can continue independently.
- Foodies uncover the Brooklyn culinary scene on this food and culture tour
- Visit historic areas in Brooklyn Heights, Cobble, Hill and Carroll Gardens
- Enjoy a personal tour experience with your guide, and only 12 tour guests
- Get a great value, with all food and drink tastings, plus area map included
Saved to wishlist!
Local English-speaking guide
Tips / gratuities for your guide
Additional food and drinks
Souvenirs and edible merchandise
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- You will be in a small group of no more than 12 people
- If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. In an effort to eliminate waste, we recommend that you upload your voucher on a mobile device. We do not need a physical copy of your voucher. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select the child option above, when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’re bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page
- This tour has a strong focus on local businesses and the economy of the community. One bar you visit is named for these local ideals and supports the local economy with community gatherings, pickups for community-supported agriculture, and using as many local ingredients as possible
- Your guide will discuss the New York Landmarks Preservation Commission that was formed to protect historically significant buildings and districts, including an area you walk through on this tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures USA
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Lonely Planet Experiences: Brooklyn Food, History & Culture Small Group Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Lonely Planet Experiences: Brooklyn Food, History & Culture Small Group Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Lonely Planet Experiences: Brooklyn Food, History & Culture Small Group Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Lonely Planet Experiences: Brooklyn Food, History & Culture Small Group Tour
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingBrooklynFood Tours - New YorkWalking Tours - New YorkHistorical Tours - New YorkHalf-day Tours - New YorkFood Tours - New York CityWalking Tours - New York CityHistorical Tours - New York CityHalf-day Tours - New York CityFood Tours - Long IslandWalking Tours - Long IslandHistorical Tours - Long IslandHalf-day Tours - Long IslandCategory
Artists & Fleas Tours & TicketsBrooklyn Public Library, Central Branch (Central Library) Tours & TicketsDumbo Tours & TicketsConey Island Tours & TicketsBrooklyn Children's Museum Tours & TicketsJewish Children's Museum Tours & TicketsBrooklyn Tabernacle Tours & TicketsBarclays Center Tours & TicketsFlatbush Avenue Tours & TicketsVerrazano-Narrows Bridge Tours & TicketsJacques Torres Chocolate Tours & TicketsSunset Park Tours & TicketsDomino Park Tours & TicketsSunset Park Tours & TicketsBrooklyn Museum Tours & TicketsGrand Army Plaza Tours & TicketsEmpire Fulton Ferry in Brooklyn Bridge Park Tours & TicketsThe Cyclone Tours & TicketsBrooklyn Cruise Terminal Tours & TicketsBrooklyn Heights Tours & Tickets