Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the Big Island's top scenic sites and volcanoes on a shore excursion
- Volcanic steam vents, lava tubes, smoking calderas and unique geology of Volcanoes National Park
- Visit the ornamental Japanese garden, Liliuokalani Gardens
- Scout for sea turtles on the gorgeous Richardson Black Sand Beach
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS MEETING LOCATION: When departing the ship you will enter a large terminal building. As you walk towards the exit please look for your guide holding the sign "C Big Island Tours." If you have exited the building, you've gone too far. ________________________________________________________________________ MEETING TIME: Please plan to be at the designated departure location at least 15 to 20 minutes before the tour departure time. We will email you your departure time. Due to every ship having a different itinerary there is no exact set time. You are also welcome to call us at 1-800-901-0468 _______________________________________________________________________ PLEASE NOTE - Tour must depart at set departure time. We are unable to wait for any late passengers. ___________________________________________________________________________
HOTEL GUESTS: Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel located at 71 Banyan Dr. Hilo HI There is free parking at this hotel. Please wait in lobby for pick up. The lobby also has a cafe lounge if needing something to drink.
What To Expect
Start your trip from the Hilo Port in the morning, heading to Hilo for a glimpse of this historic town before moving on to Rainbow Falls, a picturesque waterfall that looks straight out of a movie. After Rainbow Falls, your adventure really kicks into high gear as you journey into Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and up to the summit of its massive Kilauea Volcano.
Continue your day by stopping to view some of the Big Island’s most beautiful rare orchids at the Akatsuka Orchid Garden, where more than 500 of these gorgeous plants (some worth more than $20,000!) are on display. If you’re feeling hungry, have no fear because your next stop is at a local candy shop where you will get to snack on tasty locally made high quality chocolate and treats
Cap off your epic Hawaiian adventure by stopping at Richardson Black Sand Beach. This unique dark-colored seashore is produced by the slow erosion of the local volcanic rock. Keep your eyes peeled on the beach for the resident sea turtles that like to hang out on shore. You are returned back to the Hilo Port in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vehicle: 11-14 passenger van or mini bus max 16-25 pass mini bus
- HOTEL : You can meet us at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel to join this tour.
- CRUISE PASSENGERS : We have special permits to pick up directly from Hilo port
- We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Hilo Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details
- DEPARTURE TIMES: Because we are a shore excursion company we schedule our departure times around a ships arrival and departure.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Easy tour - Involves walking over relatively level terrain, possible gravel or uneven ground in some areas. Comfortable walking shoes & light jacket recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY C Big Island LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "There is ample time to see everything without feeling rushed." See review
- "excursion started on time, stoped to early for lunch (11.30)no coffee option available, rainbow falls nothing to get excited about.excellent guide" See review
- "If you can avoid a cruise ship day I would highly recommend." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews