6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take a journey down the mystical New River Lagoon to discover more than 3,000 years of Belize’s Mayan history at the Lamanai ruins. Encounter exotic birds, crocodiles, turtles and howler monkeys on a river cruise as you venture deep into the jungle, where a powerful ancient civilization once thrived. Learn about the life and customs at the mighty Maya as you explore sacred temples and stone carvings, ceremonial plazas and a ball court on a guided tour of the archaeological site.
- Day trip down the New River Lagoon to the Lamanai ruins
- Journey deep into Belize's jungles on a scenic river cruise
- Encounter native wildlife like turtles, crocodiles, birds and howler monkeys
- Explore one of the world's longest-lasting ancient Mayan sites on a guided tour
- Admire mythical stone carvings, ceremonial pyramids, ball courts and ancient plazas
- Take a lunch break with traditional Belizean rice, beans and chicken
- Includes round-trip transfers from Belize City
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Private Belize Adventure
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Lamanai and Scenic Boat Ride Along the New River Lagoon?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Lamanai and Scenic Boat Ride Along the New River Lagoon?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Lamanai and Scenic Boat Ride Along the New River Lagoon?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Lamanai and Scenic Boat Ride Along the New River Lagoon?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Lamanai and Scenic Boat Ride Along the New River Lagoon
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeSafarisExtremeHalf-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBelize City4WD Tours - Ambergris CayeSporting Events - Ambergris CayeBus Tours - Ambergris CayeNature and Wildlife - Ambergris CayeSafaris - Ambergris CayeExtreme - Ambergris CayeHalf-day Tours - Ambergris Caye4WD Tours - HopkinsSporting Events - HopkinsBus Tours - HopkinsNature and Wildlife - HopkinsSafaris - HopkinsExtreme - HopkinsHalf-day Tours - Hopkins4WD Tours - San IgnacioSporting Events - San IgnacioBus Tours - San IgnacioNature and Wildlife - San IgnacioSafaris - San IgnacioExtreme - San IgnacioHalf-day Tours - San IgnacioCategory