2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore Basel’s historic Old Town, hear stories from the dim and distant past and discover what makes the city special on this 2-hour Basel walking tour. Follow a guide through Basel’s pretty Old Town and gain insight into its 15th-century history. Take in top city attractions such as Basel Minster, the Barfüsserkirche, City Hall, the Museum der Kulturen and Tinguely Fountain. Along the way, admire the city’s bold and modern architecture, and see how the centuries have shaped the Basel of today.
- 2-hour walking tour of Basel
- Explore Basel’s historic Old Town with a guide, and gain insight into the city’s history and heritage
- Discover top landmarks including Basel Minster, the Barfüsserkirche and the Museum der Kulturen
- Admire the modern construction and bold architecture for which Basel is famous
Saved to wishlist!
Commentary in English and German
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Klostergasse 7, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Tinguely fountain at Steinenberg / Theatre square
Spalenberg, Basel, Switzerland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Depending on the composition of the group, tour commentaries may be given bilingual from Sunday to Friday.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Basel Tourismus
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Stories of Basel's Old Town?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingBaselCity Tours - ZurichWalking Tours - ZurichCity Tours - LucerneWalking Tours - LucerneCity Tours - StrasbourgWalking Tours - StrasbourgCategory