2 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore Kanchanaburi’s harrowing past on 2-day, joint or private guided tour to Hellfire Pass and the Death Railway. Visit the region’s most important World War II sites: walk among the War Cemetery’s allied graves, then learn their stories at the Thailand-Burma Railway Center and the famous bridge across the River Kwai. Board a riverboat for Hellfire Pass, where POWs died in miserable conditions, then return to Thailand’s vivid, thriving present with an evening traditional dance presentation and a visit to a rural Mon tribal village.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Saved to wishlist!
Joined / Private tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
Basic accommodation in sharing twin/double floating raft during the tour.
Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
All meals as indicated in the program (food only), starting from lunch on day 1 until lunch on day 2
Traditional Mon dance performance at the Jungle Rafts
All long tail boat transfers as described in the day-to-day description
Train ticket over the Death Railway
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis.
- Joint tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only. Depending on the number of guests on any confirmed tours, the correct type of car / mini-van/coach cannot be confirmed upon reservation. This also depends on the availability of accommodation.
- Transfers are only operated within Sukhumvit (Soi 1 - 33), Silom, Pratunam areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 33 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- While the tour will strive to accommodate any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- The accommodation used during this tour is simple accommodation with basic amenities. This includes no air-conditioning (fan only), lack of Wi-Fi and/or warm water. Due to ecology conservation concept, the entire Jungle Rafts do not use electricity.
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. Wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- Water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. The guide cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- It is recommended to wear light, comfortable cotton clothing and comfortable shoes.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
2-Day River Kwai Jungle Rafting
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursBus ToursNature and WildlifeOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursWater ToursHistorical ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBangkokRail Tours - PattayaBus Tours - PattayaNature and Wildlife - PattayaOvernight Tours - PattayaMulti-day Tours - PattayaWater Tours - PattayaHistorical Tours - PattayaRail Tours - Hua HinBus Tours - Hua HinNature and Wildlife - Hua HinOvernight Tours - Hua HinMulti-day Tours - Hua HinWater Tours - Hua HinHistorical Tours - Hua HinRail Tours - Ko ChangBus Tours - Ko ChangNature and Wildlife - Ko ChangOvernight Tours - Ko ChangMulti-day Tours - Ko ChangWater Tours - Ko ChangHistorical Tours - Ko ChangCategory
Tha Kha Floating MarketDusit PalaceMaeklong Railway MarketBridge on the River KwaiBTS Skytrain (Bangkok Mass Transit System)BanglamphuWat KalayanamitWat Ratchanatdaram Woravihara (Loha Prasat) Giant Swing (Sao Ching Cha)Calypso CabaretVimanmek MansionPhra Sumen FortKoh Kret (Ko Kret)Princess Mother Memorial Park (Suan Somdet Ya)KidZania BangkokBangkok Cruise Port (Laem Chabang) Khao Yai National ParkSampeng Market AyutthayaRajadamnern Stadium