Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch, surrounded by the Canadian Rockies
- A spectacular guided hike in Banff National Park
- Choose from one of four hiking options, which vary from 4.5 miles (7 km) to 6.6 miles (10.6 km)
- See the beautiful Consolation Lakes, Larch Valley, Stanley Glacier or Plain of Six Glaciers.
- Learn about the local environment from your expert guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Our guide will be there within the 15 minute pick up window.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years and all children aged between 13 and 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and have a parent or guardian sign their waiver.
- Children aged 16 to 17 years old may go on the hike without an adult, but a parent must meet the guide in the morning to sign a waiver.
- Please be prepared for the mountain weather, it changes quickly. To ensure that you enjoy the day, please wear/bring: lightweight hiking pants, a breathable shirt (not cotton!), a warm layer (like a fleece jacket, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, hiking shoes (sturdy, ideally waterproof or water resistant hiking boots or shoes - trainers or runners are okay, but boots are better), a small backpack, a water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray and your camera.
- Child prices are not available, adult prices apply to all travelers
- Early/late season itinerary changes may apply, please inquire at the time of booking
- Please note: due to changing weather conditions throughout the year, your hiking route may be modified for safety or accessibility of trails
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Banff Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Banff National Park Guided Hike with Lunch.
- "It was during a hot day so early morning Stanley glacier hike was definitely a good choice." See review