Explore our promoted experiences
- Private Provence wine tour from Avignon
- Admire the picturesque Provencal landscapes blanketed in vineyards
- Wine taste in the famous wine villages of Tavel and Chateauneuf-du-Pape
- Sip rosé wines and red wines that were favored by French kings!
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Admire the seemingly endless vineyards as you arrive in Tavel, where you’ll visit a local estate known for producing the region’s signature rosés, said to be the favorite of kings Philippe le Bel and Louis XIV and the Popes of Avignon. Sip on hand-selected wines while learning about the terroir (environmental characteristics) that distinguish Tavel’s prized wines.
Next, continue to the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape region, where the prestigious Appellation d'Origine Controlée (AOC) regulations were developed. While at the wine estate, you’ll learn about the standard for fine wine, stroll through facilities, and enjoy tasting several beautiful samples such as Grenache noir or Mourvèdre. By the end of the tour, you’ll better understand the rich ecology of the Rhône Valley and the elite art of viticulture in southern France.
Relax on the scenic ride back to Avignon for a tour of the city’s key attractions including the medieval city walls, Pont Saint-Bénézet, the Petit Palais and Notre-Dame-des-Doms Cathédral.
Your 4-hour excursion concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands