- Explore Austin without getting lost with a guide
- Tour the Texas State Capitol and visit other interesting locations
- Check out some food trucks and other off-the-beaten-path sites
- Travel with a smaller size group for a more personalized tour
Departure & Return
Meet inside the AUSTIN VISITOR CENTER
What To Expect
As you stop for a few minutes at each destination, hear informative commentary from your guide about the location's history and particularities. Stops include a variety of sites, such as the inside of the Texas State Capitol building. Pick up a sweet treat at the food trucks and snap a photo in front of the Austin postcard.
Learn about the art, music, culture, food, history, parks, and famous residents of Austin, and how the locals live up to the slogan 'Keep Austin Weird.'
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour departs from the AUSTIN VISITOR CENTER located at 602 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time for check in. We are unable to delay the tour for guests who arrive late.
- Guests with young children must provide their own car seats and arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the tour to install them in the van as our guides are not permitted to handle car seats.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Parking is available in the Austin Convention Center Garage which is connected to the Austin Visitor Center. Enter the garage on E 5th St between Red River and Sabine.
- The tour runs rain or shine, however we reserve the right to cancel the tour in the event of extreme weather and/or hazardous road conditions that would potentially affect the safety of our guides and guests.
- Guests with limited mobility are welcome to bring a wheelchair or portable scooter on board to be folded and placed in the rear of the van. The vans are not equipped with a ramp or wheelchair lift however, so all guests must be able to step up into the vehicle (about 12 inches).
- We do not permit animals or pets of any kind. Guests with a service dog MUST contact the tour operator in advance to request approval.
- Most travelers can participate
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or if you are feeling ill in any way, please do not join the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Austin Detours LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff