Explore our promoted experiences
- Auckland city tour, harbor cruise and Sky Tower shore excursion
- Tour Auckland’s city-center sights and gardens
- See attractions like the Harbour Bridge and Waitemata Harbour, Auckland Museum, Dominion Parks and Gardens, and the Tamaki Waterfront
- Enjoy a 90-minute cruise around Auckland's harbor
- Admire Auckland from above at the Sky Tower
- Browse the tower’s audiovisual displays on the history of Auckland
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Bus Stop #1346 outside Price Waterhouse Building Address: 188 Quay St, Downtown Auckland Directions: From your cruise ship docked in Auckland at either Princess Wharf or Queens Wharf please make your way to Bus Stop #1346, in front of the Price Waterhouse Building and beside the M-Social Hotel. – 188 Quay Street, Downtown Auckland. Please look for a Greatsights/Intercity coach but at times there may be a shuttle or taxi to pick you up and transfer to the main departure point. Please get there around 0915am for a 0925am departure. If needed you can contact us directly from any phone in New Zealand on our free call number 0800 484 485 or +64 3 384 0999 Dates: Daily Return point: Concludes at The Ferry Terminal at 3.30pm
What To Expect
Begin your sightseeing with a driving tour through Auckland. View key spots like Queen Street, Auckland University, Auckland Museum, Quay Street, and Dominion Parks and Gardens. Along scenic Tamaki Drive, your guide follows the waterfront route past sandy beaches with sparkling views of Auckland’s two island-dotted harbors.
From here, you’re transferred to the 1,075-foot (328-meter) Sky Tower — the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere. From the sky-high observation deck, soak up the Auckland cityscape and harbor views, and discover the city’s history via audiovisual displays.
Once you come down from the Tower you are transferred down to Pier 2B and at 1.30pm embark on a 90-minute cruise. Coast under the Harbour Bridge and see the volcanic cone of Rangitoto Island, one of the dormant remains among 49 surrounding volcanoes. You’ll see Devonport and Westhaven Marina, then enjoy tea or coffee and a muffin before returning to the Ferry Terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your cruise departs before 4pm - this tour is not suitable
- For passengers ending their cruise in Auckland and have the day available for this tour option there is a secure luggage storage available on the wharf close to where your cruise ship will berth. Should luggage storage be required full details will be supplied at the time of your booking confirmation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.