10 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Take a walk back in time as you explore the idyllic Mayan villages, ancient rituals and gorgeous scenery of Lake Atitlan on this strenuous day-long hike on the Upper Mayan Trail. Interact with the local Cakchiquel and Tzutujil Mayan tribes, visiting the town of Santa Cruz la Laguna and tracing a path along a steep path used by the tribes for centuries. You’ll also have the chance to observe the rituals of local shamans and visit the second largest market in the country. Your hike also includes round-trip hotel transport from Antigua.
- Explore the Upper Mayan Trail and Lake Atitlan on this trip from Antigua or Panjachel
- Challenge yourself with this strenuous hike amidst the gorgeous scenery and small villages of Lake Atitlan
- Interact with members of the local Cakchiquel and Tzutujil Mayan tribes
- Observe a Mayan ritual ceremony performed by a local shaman
- Travel along footpaths used by local villagers for centuries
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan or coach
Outdoors adventure, plus learn about the Mayan culture
Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Antigua hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Antigua: Centrally located Antigua hotels.
Panajachel: Option if you are staying at Lake Atitlan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Los Elementos Adventure Center & Day Spa
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or Panajachel?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or Panajachel?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or Panajachel?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or Panajachel?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or Panajachel
10 to 12 hours
3 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeMarketsFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAntiguaFood Tours - Central HighlandsBus Tours - Central HighlandsHiking - Central HighlandsNature and Wildlife - Central HighlandsMarkets - Central HighlandsFull-day Tours - Central HighlandsFood Tours - Guatemala CityBus Tours - Guatemala CityHiking - Guatemala CityNature and Wildlife - Guatemala CityMarkets - Guatemala CityFull-day Tours - Guatemala CityFood Tours - PanajachelBus Tours - PanajachelHiking - PanajachelNature and Wildlife - PanajachelMarkets - PanajachelFull-day Tours - PanajachelCategory
Catedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral) Tours & TicketsJade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial) Tours & TicketsLas Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas) Tours & TicketsAntigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento) Tours & TicketsCasa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo) Tours & TicketsSanta Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina) Tours & TicketsAcatenango Tours & TicketsPalace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales) Tours & Tickets