4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn how to make traditional Mayan dishes during a culinary tour in Antigua. Pick up fresh ingredients and see how the locals shop at the vibrant Central Market, then head to your instructor’s home. Be sure to come hungry, as you prepare - and devour - pepian (meat stew), hilachas (beef with tomato sauce), jocon (green chicken stew), and more over the course of the class.
- Relax in complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
- Learn how to make traditional Mayan dishes
- Prepare and enjoy a typical lunch during the tour
- Immerse yourself in Guatemalan culture
Saved to wishlist!
round trip transportation
All the ingredients
Departure & Return
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 17 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY GUATRIPS 4-20 Friendly Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Market and Mayan Cooking Class
4 to 5 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesAntiguaUnique Experiences - Central HighlandsCooking Classes - Central HighlandsUnique Experiences - Guatemala CityCooking Classes - Guatemala CityUnique Experiences - PanajachelCooking Classes - PanajachelCategory
Las Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas)Casa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo)AcatenangoJade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya)Museum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial)Santa Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina)Antigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento)Palace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales)Catedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral)