- Explore the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Marvel at the landmark monuments of Volendam, including the old fish auction rooms
- Stroll the twisting street of Volendam and soak up the fishing village atmosphere
- Watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
- See the cheese weighing house in Edam and learn how Dutch cheese is being made in an old farm
- Travel on a comfortable, single-decker coach with an onboard guide
Departure & Return
THIS IS HOLLAND is the iconic circular building between A’DAM Lookout and the EYE Film Museum, opposite Central Station. A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg departs from Central Station and will take you to across the IJ. On disembarking, turn left. It’s two minutes’ walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.
What To Expect
From there continue on to Edam, also commonly referred to as the pearl of the Zuiderzee. Edam’s ancient streets and tranquil canals are lined by beautiful 17th century buildings, including the leaning Carillon tower, the Great Church, and town hall. Most famous in Edam is beyond any doubt the public weighing house, where in summer still every Wednesday the famous Edam Cheese is being sold. After a stroll around this history-rich town, you’ll have the opportunity to see how Edam’s world-famous cheese is made and, of course, to taste it in a closeby cheesefarm.
Finally, you will stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbor has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over to see the small buildings and houses and take in the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. This is a great place to pick up souvenirs for those at home or a memento for yourself, and to have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Tour Company will strictly follow all RIVM COVID-19 guidelines. We also ask everyone to bring and wear their own mouth mask.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour Company B.V.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I do not think children under five years old should be allowed on tour." See review
- "I suggest to buy the I-Amsterdam city card before travelling as it includes the entries to additional attractions" See review
- "You will have ample of time to enjoy the many restaurants at the village and also to walk around." See review