- Banks Peninsula, Christchurch tour and Willowbank Wildlife Reserve from Akaroa port
- Enjoy a scenic trip along the Akaroa Highway with its stunning scenery
- Take a walk through the Chistchurch Botanic Gardens
- See the sights of central Christchurch and the rebuilding process from the 2011 earthquake
- Admire the elusive kiwi bird at Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
- Learn about the breeding programs at the wildlife reserve
Departure & Return
From the Main Wharf in Akaroa, head down to the end where you will see the Akaroa I-Site and a small park on the right-hand side. Next to the Canon statue, a representative will be waiting for you. Please arrive by 10.15am for a 10.30am departure.
What To Expect
Take a walk through the lovely Christchurch Botanic Gardens and learn about the extensive collection of botanical treasures. Follow up your visit with a wildlife encounter at the Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, home to several dozen native and exotic animal species — from monkeys and llamas to lemurs and wallabies. Get a look at New Zealand’s national bird, including North Island brown and South Island spotted kiwis, and learn about Willowbank’s kiwi breeding program.
After your tour, relax on the return drive through the Canterbury Plains to Akaroa Harbour, with drop-off at the cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Akaroa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.