Top York Lunch Cruises
Saved to wishlist!
11 results | All York Tours
See the historic city of York from a different perspective during a 45-minute or 1-hour cruise on the Ouse River. Relax during a leisurely sail, accompanied by commentary that details the history and culture of York, and enjoy unobstructed views of landmarks such as Clifford’s Tower and the York Museum and Gardens. Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule.
Venture into the wild and windswept lands of the North York Moors on this full-day tour from York. Drive through the countryside to reach North York Moors National Park and enjoy a walk amongst nature. Learn the legacy of Dracula and Captain James Cook in the seaside resort of Whitby. Next, spot filming locations from British TV series 'Heartbeat' and the Harry Potter movies in Goathland, where you board the famous North Yorkshire Moors steam railway for a spectacular ride home.
Swap city sightseeing for a peaceful day on the water in York. With this boat hire experience, enjoy the privacy of being able to drive your own boat and plan a personalized route. Each boat can accommodate up to six passengers, and a map is provided so you don't get lost.
Combine your sightseeing with a delicious meal when you explore York via lunchtime river cruise. Board the Captain James Cook—one of the largest vessels on the River Ouse—and set sail from King’s Staith Landing. You’ll enjoy a 2-course buffet lunch, plus tea or coffee. As you go, admire the sights from the water, learn more about York's highlights from the skipper’s commentary, and even glimpse Bishopthorpe Palace: home to the Archbishop of York.
Uncover the medieval marvels of historic York on a bespoke walking tour with a private guide. Learn about York’s rich history as you walk around the centuries-old walls, pose for photos with a backdrop of the city or visit the wall museums (not included). Your private tour is yours to customize as you please, so you could also pay a visit to York Castle, stroll down the atmospheric The Shambles or take a peek inside the magnificent York Minster.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Puzzle fans need look no further than this immersive York treasure hunt murder mystery, set in 1491, that’s sent to your phone (over the Telegram app) as a series of riddles. Discover classic sights and quirky delights as you unravel each cryptic clue, unlock the path to the next location—and bring the criminal to justice. You’ll cover around 2.5 miles (4 kilometers), with two optional pub breaks en route.
See a spookier side to York without the worry of getting lost during this guided ghost walk around the streets and snickelways (alleys) of the medieval city. Listen to your guide tell tales of York’s tragic past that you wouldn’t otherwise hear, ask questions along the way to learn more, and enjoy an atypical introduction to the city.
See the historic city of York from a different perspective during an Ouse River cruise. Setting off in the early evening, sail past ancient landmarks and quaint riverside villages, all the while learning about the area’s Roman and Viking heritage. Keep warm in the heated saloon, where alcoholic drinks, warm beverages, and snacks can be purchased at your own expense.
Delve into the dark recesses of York’s history on this evening ghost bus tour. With your spooky local guide, visit notorious local haunts of restless spirits, and pass eerie sites such as York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, and the grave of Dick Turpin, infamous highwayman and murderer. Throughout the tour, hear anecdotes and fascinating facts about York’s grisly past, and make key stops for a closer look at the city’s most haunted buildings.
Don’t worry about getting lost in the winding streets of medieval York during this introductory tour of the city, ideal for first-time visitors and those with limited time in the region. See several York highlights—including St Mary’s Abbey, York Minster, and The Shambles—without worrying about directions, while benefiting from the insight of your guide throughout.
Discover the rugged beauty of rural north England on this 8-hour North York Moors and Whitby day trip from York. Explore Hutton-le-Hole and Goathland, famed filming locations for the Harry Potter movies. Delve into the North York Moors National Park for panoramic views over the rolling countryside. Soak up Whitby’s seaside atmosphere at your leisure, perhaps visiting Whitby Abbey, the port or the Captain Cook Museum. Return via the Hole of Horcum and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 16 people.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Lunch Cruises in York?
The best Lunch Cruises in York according to Viator travelers are:
What Lunch Cruises in York are 1 hour or less?
What Lunch Cruises in York are taking additional safety precautions?
These York experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Lunch Cruises in York are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in York may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Coffee & Tea
- Dining Experiences
- Lunch Cruises
- Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun & Games
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Coffee Cruises
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Day Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Mansion House Tours & Tickets
- York Army Museum Tours & Tickets
- Treasurer's House Tours & Tickets
- Barley Hall Tours & Tickets
- Yorkshire Museum Tours & Tickets
- Goddards House and Garden Tours & Tickets
- Jorvik Viking Centre Tours & Tickets
- Jorvik Dig Tours & Tickets
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming Tours & Tickets
- York Castle Museum Tours & Tickets
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar Tours & Tickets
- York's Chocolate Story Tours & Tickets
- Beningbrough Hall Tours & Tickets
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway Tours & Tickets
- Clifford's Tower Tours & Tickets
- York Brewery Tours & Tickets
- York Maze Tours & Tickets
- Fairfax House Tours & Tickets
- York Dungeon Tours & Tickets
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets