Top York Mountain Bike Tours
Saved to wishlist!
12 results | All York Tours
With beautiful architecture and medieval history, York is widely considered among England’s must-see cities—but pounding the sidewalks on foot takes time and effort. On this tour, hop into the saddle and spin through the city streets by bicycle, and hit top attractions like York Minster with ease. Follow safe routes inside and outside the ancient city walls, with your guide bringing York’s colorful Roman and Viking history to life.
See a spookier side to York without the worry of getting lost during this guided ghost walk around the streets and snickelways (alleys) of the medieval city. Listen to your guide tell tales of York’s tragic past that you wouldn’t otherwise hear, ask questions along the way to learn more, and enjoy an atypical introduction to the city.
Puzzle fans need look no further than this immersive York treasure hunt murder mystery, set in 1491, that’s sent to your phone (over the Telegram app) as a series of riddles. Discover classic sights and quirky delights as you unravel each cryptic clue, unlock the path to the next location—and bring the criminal to justice. You’ll cover around 2.5 miles (4 kilometers), with two optional pub breaks en route.
Don’t worry about getting lost in the winding streets of medieval York during this introductory tour of the city, ideal for first-time visitors and those with limited time in the region. See several York highlights—including St Mary’s Abbey, York Minster, and The Shambles—without worrying about directions, while benefiting from the insight of your guide throughout.
See the historic city of York from a different perspective during a 45-minute or 1-hour cruise on the Ouse River. Relax during a leisurely sail, accompanied by commentary that details the history and culture of York, and enjoy unobstructed views of landmarks such as Clifford’s Tower and the York Museum and Gardens. Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule.
Combine two activities in one—a leisurely river cruise, plus traditional afternoon tea—on this sightseeing tour. Board the Captain James Cook in central York, and wend your way down the River Ouse. As you go, admire the city’s scenic riverbanks while also indulging in finger sandwiches, scones and pastries, plus tea and coffee (upgrade to add a prosecco accompaniment to your afternoon tea). You’ll also see the opulent Bishopthorpe Palace, home to the Archbishop of York.
Uncover the medieval marvels of historic York on a bespoke walking tour with a private guide. Learn about York’s rich history as you walk around the centuries-old walls, pose for photos with a backdrop of the city or visit the wall museums (not included). Your private tour is yours to customize as you please, so you could also pay a visit to York Castle, stroll down the atmospheric The Shambles or take a peek inside the magnificent York Minster.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Delve into the dark recesses of York’s history on this evening ghost bus tour. With your spooky local guide, visit notorious local haunts of restless spirits, and pass eerie sites such as York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, and the grave of Dick Turpin, infamous highwayman and murderer. Throughout the tour, hear anecdotes and fascinating facts about York’s grisly past, and make key stops for a closer look at the city’s most haunted buildings.
Escape the city for the wild landscapes of the Yorkshire moors on this full-day tour from York. Set out on a scenic drive through the North York Moors National Park; visit sites from the 'Harry Potter' movies in Goathland like the location used for Hogsmeade station in the first film. Enjoy free time to explore the seaside town of Whitby, where you can learn the legacy of Dracula and try the town’s famous fish and chips (own expense), before visiting the market town of Helmsley.
Venture into the wild and windswept lands of the North York Moors on this full-day tour from York. Drive through the countryside to reach North York Moors National Park and enjoy a walk amongst nature. Learn the legacy of Dracula and Captain James Cook in the seaside resort of Whitby. Next, spot filming locations from British TV series 'Heartbeat' and the Harry Potter movies in Goathland, where you board the famous North Yorkshire Moors steam railway for a spectacular ride home.
You don’t have to join a tour group to discover York. This audio walking tour lets you set the pace and pick up and drop the route when it suits you. Hit all the signatures—York Minster, Stonegate, Mansion House, the Shambles, one of the best-preserved medieval streets in the world—and more. The app works online or offline, including geodata, so you won’t need to waste money on roaming charges.
Skip the standard group tours and enjoy an alternative history of York during this award-winning, immersive guided tour of the city. Pass by top attractions—such as the Shambles and Jorvik Viking Centre—as you listen to your guide tell tales of witches, queens, and murderers that you wouldn’t hear on most other tours.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Mountain Bike Tours in York?
The best Mountain Bike Tours in York according to Viator travelers are:
What Mountain Bike Tours in York are taking additional safety precautions?
These York experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Mountain Bike Tours in York are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in York may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun & Games
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Ground
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Scavenger Hunts
- On the Water
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Bike Tours
- Bus Tours
- Rail Tours
- Self-guided Tours
- Walking Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- York Maze Tours & Tickets
- Jorvik Dig Tours & Tickets
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall Tours & Tickets
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway Tours & Tickets
- Barley Hall Tours & Tickets
- York's Chocolate Story Tours & Tickets
- Treasurer's House Tours & Tickets
- Fairfax House Tours & Tickets
- Goddards House and Garden Tours & Tickets
- Mansion House Tours & Tickets
- Yorkshire Museum Tours & Tickets
- York Castle Museum Tours & Tickets
- York Brewery Tours & Tickets
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming Tours & Tickets
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar Tours & Tickets
- York Army Museum Tours & Tickets
- York Cold War Bunker Tours & Tickets
- Jorvik Viking Centre Tours & Tickets
- York Dungeon Tours & Tickets
- Beningbrough Hall Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets