Things to Do in Washington DC This Spring
Cherry trees aren’t the only things blooming during spring in Washington DC, where mild weather is an invitation for outdoor sightseeing, walks by the Potomac, and more. Here are our favorite ways to enjoy DC in the spring, one of the best times of year to visit the capital.
- See the city from the top of an open-air, hop-on-hop-off-tour bus.
- Celebrate Juneteenth at the National Museum of African American Heritage and Culture.
- Spot blooming cherry trees from the water on a Potomac River cruise.
- Make a day trip to Gettysburg, where springtime brings a carpet of flowers.
- Cruise between landmark monuments on a Segway tour of city highlights.
- Take a guided tour of the Smithsonian Museums.
- Turn lunch or dinner into a special occasion by dining aboard a Potomac River boat.
- Enjoy comfortable temperatures on a guided bicycle tour of DC.
- Brush up on your spycraft at the International Spy Museum.
- Pay your respects to soldiers, presidents, and astronauts buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
7 Tours and Activities
- Washington DC Neighborhood Guide
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Washington DC
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Washington DC
- Washington DC Museum Guide
- Food Lover’s Guide to Washington DC
- How to Get Around in Washington DC
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Washington DC
- Things to Do in Washington DC This Spring