Visitors to Embassy Row, spanning from Dupont Circle toward the Naval Observatory, can see the diverse cultures and countries that are represented in Washington DC. You can stroll the remarkable street and observe the mansions on your own or book a guided walking tour that gives you a deeper look into the happenings of Embassy Row. If you want to see inside a particular embassy, check individual websites for tour options or public events.
Recent reviews from experiences in Washington DC
Things to Know Before You Go
- Embassy Row draws culture, history, and travel enthusiasts.
- Contact embassies in advance if you want a tour.
- Well-maintained sidewalks make the street navigable for wheelchairs and strollers.
- In addition to those on Embassy Row, you can discover more embassies on New Hampshire and Connecticut avenues.
How to Get There
Embassy Row is conveniently located close to the Dupont Circle Metro Station (Red Line) and the best way to explore the area is on foot. Parking is limited and traffic can be congested. If you want to avoid public transportation, book a group tour that handles transportation for you.
When to Get There
If you want to see Embassy Row buzzing with activity, visit during the Passport DC event. Held in May, the festival includes cultural events and open houses, making it easy to see inside the embassies without advance arrangements. Visit during the fall to see the mansions surrounded by fall colors.
Passport DC Cultural Festival Spanning the month of May, Passport DC highlights the capital city’s diplomatic international community. Throughout the month, visitors can take part in embassy open houses, cultural street festivals, exhibitions, and workshops. The free, ongoing international gathering grants visitors ample chances to get involved and learn about the cultures and countries represented on Embassy Row.
- Things to do in Williamsburg
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Virginia
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York