Marie-Antoinette's Estate Tours and Tickets
Marie-Antoinette left a mark on Versailles larger than any other left by the queens of the French monarchy, and the physical embodiment of her maverick ways can be found at her estate on the grounds of the Gardens of Versailles.
The Marie-Antoinette's Estate is comprised of several elements. There is the Petit Trianon, which served as her palace away from home. Often frustrated by the politics of her husband's court, Marie-Antoinette would escape to her royal residence, where no one could enter without her express invitation – not even the king himself.
There are also Marie-Antoinette's personal gardens, through which visitors can stroll today and see that they are much unchanged from the time of the queen's reign. She also had a hamlet–a glamorous, picturesque take on the rustic country homes that the aristocracy at the time had on the grounds of their own estates – with a kitchen garden and a working farm in addition to its mill, decorative gardens and charming lake.
Tours and Activities to Experience Marie-Antoinette's Estate
- Scent Courtyard (Cour des Senteurs)
- Grand Trianon
- Royal Opera of Versailles (L'Opéra Royal du Château de Versailles)
- Versailles Royal Chapel (La Chapelle Royale)
- King’s State Apartment (Grand Appartement du Roi)
- Hall of Mirrors (Galerie des Glaces)
- Academy of Equestrian Arts
- Orangerie of Versailles (l’Orangerie de Versailles)
- Neptune Fountain (Bassin de Neptune)
- Versailles Fountains (Les Fontaines)
- Versailles Gardens (Jardins de Versailles)
- Grand Canal