Antelope Island State Park Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Set in Utah’s Great Salt Lake, Antelope Island State Park is home to wildlife, white-sand beaches, trails, and plenty of opportunities for water sports. Take in views of the lake and surrounding mountains on a scenic drive or hike, keeping an eye out for bison, mule deer, bighorn sheep, and pronghorn along the way.
In Antelope Island State Park, water lovers can kayak along the lake’s glassy surface, float in the buoyant salt water, and picnic or sunbathe on the shore. If you’d rather explore the island’s interior, pick up some maps at the visitors center, and head out on a hiking, biking, or horseback riding journey through the park. Guided e-bike tours are another fun option.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The island is a unique ecosystem that makes a good day trip from Salt Lake City.
- Stay overnight in the park’s primitive campsites—reservations are recommended.
- Take a picnic lunch, or grab a bison burger at Island Buffalo Grill.
- Prepare to spend the day in the sun—the island has very little shade.
- The park has wheelchair- and stroller-accessible paths, picnic areas, restrooms, and more.
How to Get There
Accessible from the mainland via a causeway, Antelope Island State Park is just over an hour’s drive from Salt Lake City International Airport. From Salt Lake City, hop onto I-15 North to Antelope Drive in Layton. Continue onto UT-108 North, then take Antelope Island Road to the island, where you’ll pass through a fee station.
When to Get There
Enjoy cool temperatures just right for hiking during the winter, and hot days ideal for swimming in the summer. Note that insects such as flies, biting gnats (no-see-ums), and mosquitos can be prevalent on the island in certain seasons—visit the park’s website for details. To see bison, go during the annual fall roundup, when all the bison are gathered into pens for health assessments.
Swimming in the Great Salt Lake
To experience the feeling of floating in high-saline water, make your way to Bridger Bay Beach. Turn right when you reach the island, and discover the shallow, salty water perfect for wading, swimming, kayaking, or stand-up paddleboarding. The beach has restrooms, picnic areas, and coin-operated showers.
Address: 4528 West 1700 South, Syracuse, Utah, USA
Admission: Entrance fee of $10/vehicle and $15/campsite.
4 Tours and Activities to Experience Antelope Island State Park
Welcome to Antelopeebikes We offer rentals and custom tours around Antelope Island State Park. All tours include an interactive guide who will explore the island and explain in detail the different animals, wildlife and history of this ancient island. The Animals include American Bison, Mule deer, coyotes, badgers, sam-hill cranes, bighorn sheep, pelicans, snakes, lizards, and Pronghorn Antelope!
*On this 4-day a private group with 2-8 guests per group, is very safe, flexible, and enjoyable with an experienced and fun local tour guide. *A great experience a soothing soak in the world-famous naturally fed hot springs pools makes the perfect trip. *Enjoy a comfortable snow coach to explore Yellowstone wonderland, immerse yourself in the park’s best sights, and spot abundant wildlife. It is creating optimum viewing to spot the elk, bison, mule deer, and other animals. *Walk or snowshoe to capture unique angles on famous sites like Old Faithful geyser, Fountain Paint Pots, without the crowds, and discover some of the park’s lesser-known areas in Grand Tetons,and Antelope Island. *Tour will offer plenty of opportunities for easy walking and photography. *This tour includes 3 nights hotel, 3 breakfast, 1 lunch, Snacks, Hot chocolate, and Bottle Water. *Daily activities and excursions as indicated in the itinerary, national park entrance fees,and transportation provided on-trip.
* On this 5-day, a private group with 3-8 guests per group, is very safe, flexible, and enjoyable with an experienced and fun local tour guide * A great experience a soothing soak in the world-famous naturally fed hot springs pools makes the perfect trip * Enjoy a heated snow coach adventure into the magic of Yellowstone. It is creating optimum viewing to spot the elk, bison, wolves, mule deer,and other animals * Walk or snowshoe to capture unique angles on famous sites like Old Faithful geyser, Fountain Paint Pots, without the crowds, and discover Mammoth Hot Springs,and Grand Teton,and Antelope Island lesser-known areas *Take an unforgettable horse-drawn sleigh ride through an elk herd! * Tour will offer plenty of opportunities for easy walking and photography *This tour includes 4 nights hotel, 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, Snacks, Hot Chocolate,and Bottle Water *Daily activities and excursions as indicated in the itinerary, national park entrance fees,and transportation provided on-trip
Immerse yourself in the rugged winter beauty of the American West with an experienced local guide. On this 9-day tour, a private tour of 3-8 guests will explore the snowy landscapes and admire the natural breathtaking beauty of seven (7) world-famous national parks and two (2) state parks. Includes Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Arches, Canyonland, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, and Zion. Also includes Antelope Island and Dead Horse Point. With the camera in hand, venture into world-famous slot canyons, including the awe-inspiring Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. Explore the superb wild west scenery in iconic Monument Valley. Let a local guide take you on a Snow Coach, snowshoe tour, sleigh ride through an elk herd, an unforgettable Navajo Jeep tour, and the opportunity to check out an amazing flightseeing adventure that features fantastic bird's-eye views of some of the country's most striking scenery! Soak in world-famous naturally fed hot springs pools to make this the perfect trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Antelope Island State Park?
The best ways to experience Antelope Island State Park are:
- Antelope Island Electric Bike Ride Tour
- 4-Day Yellowstone and Grand Teton Park Winter Tour for Small Private Group
- 5 Day Yellowstone and Grand Teton Winter Tour - Private Small Group Tour
- 9 Day Winter Yellowstone, Grand Teton & Mighty 5 National Park Private Explorer
Things to do near Utah
- Things to do in Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Wyoming
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Oregon
- Things to do in Texas