Songshan Cultural and Creative Park spans 16.3 acres (6.6 hectares). The center courtyard features a Baroque-style garden and several ponds and fountains. Around the courtyard are five converted warehouses and several other structures housing a museum, creative lab, galleries, a bookstore, cafe, restaurant, and a constantly changing space of exhibitions, shows, studios, and pop-ups. A large Eslite mall is located at the northern end of the complex, which houses a large number of shops and stalls, and also offers different creative workshops.
Visit Songshan Cultural and Creative Park independently or as part of a guided sightseeing tour of Taipei. Depending on the option chosen, additional stops can include popular attractions such as Taipei 101 and the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, or a food tour of local favorites. Opt to visit on a hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus to explore Taipei attractions at your leisure.
Things to know before you go
- It’s free to enter the park but certain exhibits and performances may charge a fee.
- On-site facilities include an information center, restrooms, water fountains, coin lockers, and an ATM.
- Guided tours are available with advanced reservation.
- The park is wheelchair and stroller accessible, and both can be rented.
How to get there
The park is located in the Xinyi district of Taipei. Take the MRT Blue Line to Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (Exit 5) and walk to Yan Chang Road, or Taipei City Hall (Exit 1) and walk to Zhongxiao East Road. A number of buses stop nearby, including buses #212, 232, 240, 270, 299, 919, 1800, 1815, and 5500.
When to get there
The outdoor areas of the park are open from early morning until late evening, while the indoor areas are generally open from mid-morning until early evening. The park can be busy on weekends. Check the schedule for the timings of different exhibitions, shows, and other events.
Huashan 1914 Creative Park
Similar to Songshan Cultural and Creative Park, Huashan 1914 Creative Park is an arts and culture hub filled with multiple exhibition spaces, studios, galleries, shops, cafes, and restaurants. Located in the Zhongzheng district of Taipei, it’s inside a former wine and sake-producing factory.
- Things to do in Xiamen
- Things to do in Hangzhou
- Things to do in Huangshan
- Things to do in Naha
- Things to do in Shanghai
- Things to do in Suzhou
- Things to do in Shenzhen
- Things to do in Nanjing
- Things to do in Guangzhou
- Things to do in Macau SAR
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Nanchang
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Taipei 101
- Raohe Street Night Market
- Miniatures Museum of Taiwan
- Suho Memorial Paper Museum
- Jianguo Holiday Flower and Jade Market
- Elephant Mountain (Xiangshan)
- See-Join Puppet Theater
- Xingtian Temple
- Yongkang Street
- Da'an Forest Park
- Taipei Eye
- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
- Taipei Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
- Evergreen Maritime Museum