Guangxing Paper Mill
Most commonly, the Guangxing Paper Mill is visited as part of a multi-day tour of central Taiwan; its hard-to-reach location means that many travelers opt for the convenience of round-trip transport. Travelers can choose between a 2-, 3-, or 4-day tour, depending on time constraints, and can expect to visit Sun Moon Lake—the largest freshwater lake in Taiwan—along with the Alishan National Scenic Area and the up-and-coming industrial city of Kaohsiung.
Things to Know Before You Go
The paper mill is a must-visit for travelers interested in crafts and Taiwan’s industrial history.
This attraction is a great option for families with kids.
A visit to the paper mill is a good way to escape the daytime heat.
How to Get There
From Sun Moon Lake, the Guangxing Paper Mill is a 20-minute drive. You can take a taxi or visit as part of a guided tour for convenience. From Puli bus station, take one of several public buses that drop you off a 15-minute walk from the mill.
When to Get There
The Guangxing Paper Mill attracts fewer tourists than Sun Moon Lake, so regardless of what time you visit, you’re likely to have the place all to yourself. Allow about two hours for the tour and papermaking workshop.
Edible Paper Delights
Treat your taste buds to something entirely different and sample some of the mill’s collection of edible papers. High in fiber and low-calorie, the papers come in rose, scallion, water bamboo, basil, and pineapple flavors, and they make for a unique souvenir.
- Things to do in Xiamen
- Things to do in Hangzhou
- Things to do in Huangshan
- Things to do in Naha
- Things to do in Shanghai
- Things to do in Suzhou
- Things to do in Shenzhen
- Things to do in Nanjing
- Things to do in Guangzhou
- Things to do in Macau SAR
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Nanchang
- Things to do in Southern China
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Alishan National Scenic Area
- East Rift Valley National Scenic Area (Huadong Valley)
- Taroko National Park (Taroko Gorge)
- Taipingshan National Forest Recreation Area
- Tucheng Tung Blossom Trail
- Lin Family Mansion and Garden
- Maokong Gondola
- Chih Nan Temple (Zhinan Temple)
- Treasure Hill
- Taipei Botanical Garden
- Huaxi Street Night Market (Snake Alley)