Stockholm Cruise Ports
With so much to see and do in Stockholm, most cruise visitors opt to spend their time discovering the city. On a Stockholm city tour, canal cruise, or hop-on hop-off bus tour, check off Stockholm highlights such as the Royal Palace, the Vasa Museum, City Hall, and the Nobel Museum. Or get to know the atmospheric old town of Gamla Stan on a walking tour. Another popular shore excursion is a Viking history tour, including the nearby towns of Sigtuna and Uppsala, and the archeological site of Täby.
Things to Know Before You Go
Shore excursions typically include port pickup and drop-off.
Organized excursions guarantee on-time return to your cruise ship.
There are several different Stockholm cruise terminals, so be sure that you know which terminal your ship arrives and departs from.
How to Get to Stockholm From the Stockholm Cruise Ports
Most cruise ships dock at Stadsgården on the island of Södermalm, a 30-minute walk from downtown Stockholm and popular hop-on hop-off bus stop. Smaller ships dock right in the heart of Gamla Stan, while others arrive to Frihamnen and Värtahamnen, a 30-minute bus ride away. Bigger cruise ships sometimes dock at Nynäshamn, 36 miles (58 kilometers) south of Stockholm, or around one hour by train.
The currency used in Stockholm and all of Sweden is the Swedish krona, but some larger hotels and tourist attractions accept euros and US dollars. Swedish is the official language here, but English is also widely spoken. There are many ATMs and currency exchange offices in Gamla Stan.
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Stavanger
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Nordic Museum (Nordiska Museet)
- Junibacken Children’s Museum
- Vasa Museum (Vasamuseet)
- Skansen Museum
- ABBA The Museum
- Tivoli Gröna Lund
- Waldemarsudde Museum
- Kungsträdgarden (Kungsan)
- Stockholm Archipelago (Stockholms Skärgard)
- Royal Swedish Opera (Kungliga Operan)
- Stockholm Royal Palace (Kungliga Slottet)
- Museum of Medieval Stockholm (Medeltidsmuseet)